The Amazon Firestick is a powerful tool that gives you access to an incredible amount of high quality streaming content. As great as it is, if you haven’t taken time Install Kodi for Amazon Firestick TV, then you’re only using a very small portion of your Fire TV / Firestick’s capability.
Because we are great believers in the power of choice, here are three easy ways to install Kodi on your Amazon Firestick today! We’ve got the most up-to-date version of Kodi (named Leia after the late, great Carrie Fisher) ready for you to install in easy to follow steps.
Check out the steps below to get started!
Install Kodi for Amazon Firestick
Option 1 (Recommended): Install Kodi on Fire TV With Downloader
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV
- Click My Fire TV
- The Select Developer Options
- Choose Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON
- Go back to the Firestick / Fire TV Home Screen, select the search icon on top-left side of screen, type the word “Downloader” in the search box, and click it when it appears below
- Now press the orange Downloader icon
- Click OK with your Fire TV remote to begin the download!
- When it’s finished, press Open to launch Downloader
- Click Allow (some Fire TV models may not ask you to do this)
- And then select OK on the Update Notes that appear
- Click OK on the remote to open the keyboard and type in the address to install Kodi 18.4 which is: bit.ly/kodi181apk
- Click Go after typing in the address and your Kodi download will begin.
- Choose Install on Kodi setup page
- Click Done after the installation is complete
- In the next window, select Delete to remove the Kodi 18.4 install file in order to free up storage space on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
- Click Delete again to confirm your selection
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Kodi on your Fire TV / Firestick / Fire TV Cube!
Just a few more steps get Kodi set up on your Firestick.
- Go to your Home screen and, under the Apps & Channels category, click See All
- Choose the Kodi shortcut from the screen and click Options on yourFire TV remote (it’s the one with three straight lines stacked on top of one another) and click Move
- Now move the Kodi shortcut closer to front of the list so that it will appear on your Home screen on your Fire TV. When you’ve got it where you want it, click OK.
- Launch Kodi now and click Continue when prompted
- Next, Click Allow to give Kodi the required permissions.
- When loading is complete you’ll find yourself on the Kodi 18.4 Leia Home Screen on your Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
That’s it! Not so bad right?
Now it’s time for the fun part. Scroll down to find out how you can start installing free Kodi Addons that will allow you to start streaming more shows and movies than you ever thought possible!
Option 2: Install Kodi on Fire TV with ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is a favorite standby for a lot of Amazon Firestick / Fire TV users, it’s a great multi-platform file manager that’s compatible with Android devices.
If you haven’t tried it yet and want to take it for a spin, read this guide on How To Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV.
Once you’ve done that, follow these steps to Download Kodi on Firestick / Fire TV:
- Open ES File Explorer on your Fire TV
- Select Tools from the Menu on the left
- Choose Download Manager
- Click New
- Choose the text field next to Path
- Type this (exactly this!): https://bit.ly/kodi181apk and click the Next with your Fire Stick Remote
- In the text field next to Name, type Kodi and click Next
- Click Download Now
- Once the file is downloaded, click Open File
- Choose Install
- A new menu will pop up, and will click Install again
- Now click Done!
Time to celebrate! You’ve just installed Kodi on your Amazon Firestick / Fire TV! If you want to move your Kodi App so it appears on the Home Screen, start with number 16 on the list above and you’ll have it done in no time.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Scroll down to start installing free Kodi Addons so you can start streaming tons of shows and movies to your Firestick.
Option 3: Install Kodi on Fire TV Cube with AppStarter / Firestarter
AppStarter formerly known as Firestarter is another great way to manage downloads and files on your Amazon Firestick device. It makes it easy to have the latest version of Kodi for Fire TV without having to worry about complicated install processes.
You’ll need the Downloader app for this option, so first read steps 1-8 at the very beginning of this article before you move on.
Once you’ve done that, just follow the steps below to get AppStarter on your Amazon Firestick / Fire TV!
- Type http://fs.bpx.li into the Downloader app’s URL box and click Install
- Click Done once the app is installed
- Next you’ll have the option to delete the file you just downloaded
- Click Delete.Click Delete again to confirm. This will help you free up valuable storage space on your Fire Stick
- Now you’ve installed AppStarter on your Fire TV, so launch AppStarter to start installing Kodi
- Scroll down to Updates on the left side of the screen click the Install button next to Kodi
- Once the download is finished, click Install
- Click Done, and boom! The installation is complete!
Get the most out of Kodi for Fire TV
Now that you’ve managed to Install Kodi on Firestick it’s time to start reaping the rewards of all your good work. Here are the two best things you can do to have the best possible Kodi experience on your Amazon Fire TV.
Download a VPN
Now that your data has become one of the most valuable commodities being bought and sold by powerful corporate players across the word, privacy is more important than ever. Your data should belong to you and you alone.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
The best way to protect the privacy of your browsing history and online data from prying eyes is through a reliable VPN service (not all VPNs are created equal). If you have any doubts, check out this article with just a few of the most important reasons to use a VPN with Kodi on your Amazon Firestick.
To get started with one of the best VPN services available, click the button below.
Best Kodi Addons
This is the part you’ve been waiting for. Kodi is a powerhouse of incredible content, including an amazing library of your favorite movies and tv shows for free! Here are a few links to get you started to almost unlimited free streaming content: