In this guide, we show you the UPDATED 2017 version of how to install Castaway Kodi addon in both Kodi 16 Jarvis and Kodi 17 Krypton!
Here’s the (new, 2017) Kodi 17 version, which shows you how to install Castaway Kodi using the new Kodi 17 Krypton and the default Kodi 17 “Estuary” skin. Below these steps, find the Kodi 16 Jarvis (or Kodi 17 w/Confluence skin) version:
How to Install Castaway Kodi
These steps assume you are using Kodi 17 with the (default) “Estuary” Skin.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (220.127.116.11).
For Kodi 16 or for Kodi 17 with Confluence skin, scroll down past this section.
- Open Kodi
- Go to System, which is a Gear icon in the top left corner
- Now select File Manager
- Then press “Add Source“
- Now select “<None>“
- Enter http://fusion.tvaddons.ag, and then press OK
- Now select the box just below “Enter a name for this media source”
- Enter “kfire castaway” or any other name you’d like, then press OK.
- Then press OK once more to finish adding the new Source
- Now press the Back button on the Amazon Fire Stick remote (or Esc on PC keyboard).
- Before you return to the Kodi home screen, in the System menu select “System settings“.
- Then select “Add-Ons” in the Settings / System menu
- Now turn on “Unknown sources” (aka Apps From Unknown Sources).
- Now return to the Kodi homescreen.
- Then select “Add-Ons” from the Kodi main menu.
- Now select the “Package” icon, which is in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “Install From Zip File“
- Now select the new Source you added (“kfire castaway”)
- Then select “begin-here“
- Select the “plugin.program.indigo-a.b.c.zip” file (where a.b.c is the current Indigo version number, like 1.0.4)
- Now WAIT a few moments for Kodi to install Indigo Addon installer (“Wizard”).
- After Kodi displays the “Add-On Enabled” notification, go to “My add-ons”.
- Then select “Program add-ons“
- Now choose Indigo, then select “Open“
- Wait a second for the Indigo Wizard to launch
- After Indigo installer launches, select “Add-on Installer“
- Then choose the Featured Addons menu item
- Now select Castaway
- Then choose “Install Castaway (v0.x.x) [2017-XX-XX] by natko1412″
- Finally, select “Install” one last time to begin the install Castaway Kodi process.
After You Install Castaway Kodi Addon
After the install is done, Kodi 17 Krypton will display “Installation Complete!”. Select “OK” to close the mini-window.
To launch Castaway, return to the Kodi home screen. Then go to Add-Ons > Video Add-Ons. Then select CastAway!
Easier Way to Install CastAway in Kodi 17:
This process is easiest when using the Confluence skin, which is available for Kodi 16 Jarvis or Kodi 17 Krypton. So if you use Kodi 17 Krypton, we recommend you switch Kodi 17 skin to Confluence. Then use the steps below.
See how to install Castaway in Kodi 17 (using Confluence skin) or Kodi 16 Jarvis below.
Which Repository Holds Castaway?
Natko1412 Repository (or “repo”) is the name of the repository that keeps the Castaway live TV Addon.
How to Install Castaway Kodi (Using Kodi 16 or Kodi 17 w/”Confluence” Skin)
Here’s how to install Castaway Kodi on Kodi 16 or Kodi 17 with Confluence skin.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Use our easy step-by-step tutorial on How to Install Indigo Wizard in Kodi 16 (or Kodi 17 with the default Confluence skin).
- After you install the Indigo Wizard, launch the Indigo Wizard.
- Then go to Featured Addons > CastAway > Install CastAway > Yes.