This video shows the concept of How to Hack WiFi, so that you stay stafe, know your enemy, and protect yourself against WiFi hotpot hackers!
This method utilizes a modified $25 router (purchased from Amazon Prime) to lure an unsuspecting WiFi user onto our (“malicious”) fake WiFi hotspot.
Here’s how it works:
With our $25 hacking device (which shall remain nameless, for now at least), we create a fake WiFi hotspot. We then..
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- Wait for someone to connect to the fake hotspot, aka “malicious access point” (which is named almost identical to the “real” public WiFi hotspot).
- After the person connects to our fake hotspot (or “rogue access point”, as the hacking community calls it), we can then hack the s*%t out of their devices. We even do this in a way that still gives them what appears to be their “normal” Internet access!
- By “devices”, I mean PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and even your dog’s old Nokia cellphone.
- And by “s*%t”, I mean we can see their usernames and passwords, data sent by non-HTTPSecure apps, and other sensitive personal data.
Mission CodeName: “The Five Dollar Coffee Hack“, aka How to Hack WiFi at Starbucks 101
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Mission Briefing: Here’s the mission, team. Starbucks corporation hired us to beef up the security for their WiFi users. To accomplish this, we must put ourselves in the shoes of the WiFi hacker. We will use the same exact tools a modern-day WiFi hacker uses.
Why hack Starbucks WiFi? We do this so that we can know find the system’s vulnerabilities and report them to Starbucks. The end goal is to expose security issues that put Starbucks customers at risk, so Starbucks can address the security issue and make their customers’ data safer!
Then we fix the vulnerabilities by adding layers of security to fix the problem and protect ourselves from evil hackers.
Mission Compensation: Free coffee for life! If we’re successful at exposing a security weakness in Starbucks WiFi and FIX the security flaw – then we make all Starbucks WiFi users safer! To express their gratitude, Starbucks megacorp will reward us by giving us free coffee for life.
How to Hack WiFi
Using this “mission protocol”, here’s how we would teach our “security representatives” how to hack WiFi at Starbucks. We do this to increase our awareness and our own level of security so real, evil hackers can’t get in. Once again, this is a completely hypothetical situation which is intended to make you aware of your own devices’ security flaws – and how to fix them all at once.
KFire TV does not condone or endorse illegal or unethical activities. This How to Hack WiFi tutorial is for educational & defensive purposes only!
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
- Get a WiFi hacking device (Google “wifi pineapple”)
- Run the initial setup on the hacking device. This is easy – the hacking device has a simple setup process, support, and instructions on their website.
- Then create a fake WiFi network with the hacking device, called “Starbucks HiSpeed WiFi’ – or something you think the Starbucks customers might confuse for the real Starbucks WiFi network name.
- Now go to the “Modules” tab of your hacking tool’s web interface.
- From the Modules tab, click on the tab to show you the “Wall” of incoming traffic.
- After a customer connects to your fake WiFi network, you see their HTTP browsing data appear on your screen in real-time. All of the HTTP-transferred images, the URLs they browser, usernames and passwords all show in the hacking tool – unless if the customer uses a VPN!
- Here’s How to Fix It: When the customer uses a VPN, hackers are completely unable to watch the customer’s HTTP traffic.
How to Fix WiFi Hacking Vulnerabilities:
- Use a VPN! This is the biggest, easiest, most sure-fire way to protect against WiFi hackers. This encrypts all your data, so even HTTP site data won’t be seen by hackers. A VPN-enabled router is inexpensive and portable. Some of them are even USB-powered (powered directly by your laptop!). So there’s a truly portable, easy-to-use security solution readily available.
- Don’t use public WiFi. Instead use your phone’s data connection. Or buy a 4G WiFi modem to make your own private WiFi hotspot you can take with you anywhere.
- Will the real Starbucks WiFi please stand up? Ask the people working at Starbucks what the REAL name of their WiFi network is. Don’t assume. When you assume, you make an ass out of Uma Thurman.
- If you do need to use public WiFi, keep an eye out for fishy-looking “portal” pages. A suspicious portal page is one that may ask you to enter any of your usernames and passwords. Public WiFi hotspots should never really ask you for any of your passwords. The only exception would be a mom-and-pop kind of coffee shop, hotels, private business-places and some others.
- If you must use public WiFi without a VPN, then make sure to only use HTTPS sites when you’re on the public WiFi hotspot. And don’t use apps on your phone when your phone is connected to public WiFI! Why? Because many apps transmit data through unsecure (non-HTTPS) connections! This can be avoided, once again, by using a VPN. There’s a conveniently a free VPN app available for both iPhone and Android. Download it on your smartphone and use the IPVanish service to protect your mobile data everywhere you go – not just on public WiFi.
The point of this article is that your HTTP data is not secure at public WiFi hotspots. This holds true until you use a VPN! After you start using a VPN, all of the traffic tunneled through the VPN remains encrypted and invisible to typical WiFi hackers.