This guide shows you how to fix 4k Firestick audio lag.
Firestick TIP: If you have general Firestick issues, then check out my Firestick quit working troubleshooting guide.
A little bit about the 4K Firestick..
The 4k Fire Stick was released on 14th of November in 2018 by Amazon. This product was released as a gift before Christmas and a lot of people spent their money into this great streaming TV product.
This product was working fine for many users, but a few users were experiencing a 4k Fire Stick audio lag. This audio lag is making them switch to some other devices available in the market.
Typical 4K Firestick Audio Issues include:
- Audio out-of-sync issues (fixable by using a media player like VLC, by the way)
So if you are a 4k Fire Stick user and facing the audio lag problem, then don’t worry. In this article, I will assist you in solving the audio lag issue within a few minutes.
Some of you guys may not know about the 4k Fire Stick device, so let’s pause here and let me tell what you need to know about the device.
What is 4K Fire Stick?
4k Fire Stick is a product by Amazon that offers a complete entertainment package. You can watch live streaming, Netflix, YouTube, and various other media player file in an ultra HD mode.
This device helps you to watch anything anytime with a few clicks. Users can watch their favorite TV Shows, movies, songs, and various other visual and audio files.
Various games can also be stored in the 4k Fire Stick so that you can enjoy your favorite games with the help of this device. But some people are reporting various issues about this device, including a 4k Fire Stick audio lag. Make sure to follow all the given steps to resolve the issue.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Steps to Fix 4k Fire Stick Audio Lag Problem
Isn’t it irritating when you’re in the middle of watching your favorite TV show and you see your favorite character moving his lips and you can’t hear anything?
If your 4k Fire Stick is giving you an audio lag then below are some of the steps that you need to follow in order to solve the problem.
Note: (Follow all the steps correctly if you want to fix the 4k Fire Stick audio lag. Missing any of the given steps may result with the same issue).
- First, you need to go to the Firestick’s main menu where you will find various option including Home, Your Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, and Settings option.
- Go to the “Settings” option that is located at the extreme last position of the main menu option.
- Next, various options like Notifications, Network, Display & Sounds, Applications, Equipment Control, Live TV, Controllers & Bluetooth device will appear on the screen.
- From this window, select the “Display & Sounds” option which is the third option on the list.
- At the “Display & Sounds,” several options like a Screensaver, Display, and Audio, Second screen notifications, and HDMI CEC device control will be shown. Select the “Audio” option at the 3rd option on the list.
- In this option, you will see Navigation sounds, Surround Sound, and Advance Audio Option.
- Select the “Surround sound” option.
- At the Surround Sound, there are multiples sub-options, including best available, Stereo, Always Dolby Digital Plus and Always Dolby Digital option.
- In the surround sound, you will see a checkmark in the “Best Available” option.
- Uncheck the “Best Available” option and check the “Stereo” option.
- Now go back and select the “Advanced Audio” option below the Surround Sound option.
- At the Advanced Audio screen, there are several options, including “Volume leveler” and “Dialogue Enhancer.”
- Make sure that both the “Volume leveler” and “Dialogue Enhancer” are turned off.
- Now go back to the main Settings, and choose the “Applications” options.
- At the Applications settings, diverse option including Silk browser, Game Circle, Amazon photos, Appstore, and Manage installed applications option are available.
- Now choose the “Manage installed Applications” from the list
- After selecting the “Manage Installed Applications,” you will see various applications like Alexa Shopping, AlonsZee, Amazon Music, Amazon Photos, YouTube, Netflix, and some other options.
- Now click on the app, and last on the list you will see the “Clear Cache” option, click on it.
- Clear the cache of all the Application present on the list.
- At the right side, you will see different options like the size of the app, storage, cache, and some other options.
- Make sure to clear the cache for all the apps you use to stream TV and movies. Then go back to the “Main menu.”
- At the main menu, you will see the “My Fire TV” option present on the extreme right side of the list.
- In the My Fire TV, you will see About, Developer options, Legal & Compliance, Sleep, Restart, and the Reset to Factory Defaults Options.
- Now select the “Restart” option, and it will ask you to restart your Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. It will display the Restart and Cancel option.
- Choose the Restart option.
- Now, wait until the process is complete. Once done, start some video file and you should not encounter the same 4k Firestick audio lag issue.
By following all these steps, your 4k Fire Stick Audio Lag problem should be resolved.
If you are still having the same issue, then you can contact the product support of organization from where you have bought the product, and hopefully, they will help you to solve the problem.
In case all methods and options fail then it might already be a hardware issue. Then it’s time to replace your 4k Fire Stick.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
However, if you performed all the steps correctly, it will surely solve the 4k Fire Stick Audio Lag issue. In case you have some questions or clarifications regarding the 4k Fire Stick audio lag solution listed here, then you can ask us in the comments section. We will try our best to help you out.