‘Alexa, play some music on Spotify!’
You will be very familiar with this command if you have a smart home setup. But even if you do not have one, you must admire the ease Alexa provides to people who can afford her.
Switching the lights off when you ask her, reading out the recipe while you cook, or even reminding you of your next grocery run, Alexa can do it all.
Amazon’s Alexa is an AI-powered digital assistant that can understand and respond to queries and assist you around the house. It is a voice-based service that can work through a complete smart device ecosystem.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
So you can request Alexa to switch on the TV and play channel 22, and she will do it for you. In addition, all smart devices around the house can connect to Alexa, and she can assist you by managing the devices as and when you ask her.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
But having the same default Alexa voice can sometimes be a little uninteresting. So if you are wondering how to change Alexa’s voice, you are at the right place.
Did you know that you can adjust Alexa’s voice to a celebrity one? Such as Jarvis or Samuel L. Jackson.
If you are a Marvel fanatic, you might have the urge to change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis. Just-A-Rather-Very-Intelligent-System or Jarvis is a character that makes an appearance in the Marvel movies and is Tony Stark’s AI-powered personal assistant. And what better to have Jarvis as your aide, although it is just the voice.
So, the next step now is to learn how to change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis’s, and to begin with, let us tell you, it is a walk in the park.
How To Change Alexa’s Voice To Jarvis?
First of all, there are two ways to change the voice of your Alexa assistant. One is to do it on your Echo device, and the other is to do it through the mobile application.
We will first look into the process for the Echo device:
1. Start with the command, ‘Alexa, introduce me to Jarvis.’
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
2. Next, if you already haven’t bought the voice pack, you should do it now. Because otherwise, it won’t function.
3. Decide whether you want Alexa, now Jarvis, to communicate with explicit content or not. If you have kids, we advise you choose not to have explicit content spoken around the house.
4. If you have done everything correctly, Alexa should now confirm your changes.
5. You should now test whether the voice is working or not.
In case you do not like the change made, do not fret. It is not permanent. You can still use the Alexa voice by saying the wake word.
Next, let us look at how to change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis through the mobile application.
1. Click on the Amazon Alexa application on your device.
2. Now, you would see a ‘More’ section somewhere on the screen. Click on that.
3. Next, you should select the ‘Skills and Games’ option on the list.
4. On the textbox given above, type in Jarvis.
5. Once you purchase the voice pack, you should see an ‘Enable to Use’ button. You should click on it now. And you are done.
6. Test your new Alexa voice to confirm if it is working.
You can also switch Alexa’s voice to Samuel L. Jackson, Shaq O’Neil, or Melissa McCarthy. The process is the same as above. You need to buy and search for the celebrity voice you need to apply.
If you have multiple Alexa devices, you will have to take one device at a time to make the changes. Also, remember that buying the pack is a one-time purchase, so it is not that big a problem. You do not have to pay for it as a monthly subscription.
|Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen, 2021 release) | Smart display with Alexa and 2 MP camera | Charcoal||Check Pricing|
|Echo Show 8 (2nd Gen, 2021 release) | HD smart display with Alexa and 13 MP camera | Charcoal||$129.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo Show 15 | Full HD 15.6" smart display with Alexa and Fire TV built in | Remote not included||$249.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo Show 8 (1st Gen, 2019 release) -- HD smart display with Alexa – Unlimited Cloud Photo Storage – Digital Photo Display - Charcoal||Check Pricing|
|Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Kids | Designed for kids, with parental controls | Chameleon||$44.99||Check Pricing|
How To Change Alexa’s Language?
While we are at it and answering the question ‘How to change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis?’, let us take this opportunity to address a few other common Alexa-related queries.
Alexa’s default language is English, but what if you want your assistant to speak another language? Now Amazon has made it possible, and you can change Alexa’s language to any other. Just follow these easy-peasy steps:
1. Open the Alexa application from your device.
2. Tap on the main menu and click on ‘Settings.’
3. Now head over to the ‘Device Settings’ option and click on the device you want to change the language for.
4. Scroll down, and you must now see a ‘Language’ option. Click.
5. Next, you should select the language you want Alexa to speak. Amazon Alexa supports the following eight languages:
6. The application will now prompt you to confirm you agree to the change. Click OK.
7. Let the system accept the change, and then confirm if the change has been made.
|Echo Studio | Our best-sounding smart speaker ever - With Dolby Atmos, spatial audio processing technology, and Alexa | Charcoal||$199.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo (4th Gen) | With premium sound, smart home hub, and Alexa | Charcoal||$99.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Smart speaker with Alexa | Glacier White||$24.64||Check Pricing|
|Echo Dot (3rd Gen, 2018 release) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal||$39.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo Dot (4th Gen) Kids | Designed for kids, with parental controls | Tiger||Check Pricing|
How To Change Alexa’s Accent?
We all know how different British English sounds compared to American English – they call it ‘wotah’ instead of water.
But jokes apart, the different English dialects make comprehension a tad complicated. For example, if you live in Australia, you may speak in a very different accent than most other English-speaking people. Therefore, now Amazon Alexa allows you to choose Alexa’s accent according to your region.
If you are looking to change Alexa’s accent, just follow these simple steps:
1. Sign in to the Alexa application from your device.
2. Click on the menu button and then open ‘Settings.’
3. Next, you should select the ‘Device Settings’ option and click on the device that needs the accent change.
4. Tap on ‘Language.’
5. Now you will see a drop-down open which will give you the following options for the accents:
- English (United States)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (Indian)
- English (Canadian)
- English (Australian)
- English (French)
6. The application will now give you a confirmation prompt, and you should click on OK.
7. Once done, simply confirm if the Alexa accent is now the one you selected.
|Echo Frames (2nd Gen) | Smart audio glasses with Alexa | Classic Black with prescription ready frames||Check Pricing|
|Echo Buds (2nd Gen) | True wireless earbuds with active noise cancellation and Alexa | Black||$119.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo Buds (1st Gen), Replacement Left Ear Bud||$59.99||Check Pricing|
|Echo Frames (2nd Gen) | Smart audio glasses with Alexa | Quartz Gray with prescription ready frames||Check Pricing|
|Echo Buds (2nd Gen), Replacement Left Earbud | Black||Check Pricing|
Can I Make Alexa A Man?
If you are someone who prefers a male voice assistant and wishes to change Alexa’s voice to a male voice, unfortunately, you can’t do that yet.
However, you can change it to a male celebrity’s voice. So, for example, you could change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis or Samuel L. Jackson.
How To Change Alexa’s Wake Word?
If you are bored of calling your assistant Alexa, you can shuffle a few things around and give her a new wake word.
The wake word is the name you call your AI assistant and is the prompt that gets the assistant kick-started. By default, Amazon has four wake words: Alexa, Echo, Amazon, and Computer. But recently, Amazon launched two new wake words: Ziggy, and Hey, Disney.
If you wish to change Alexa’s wake word, follow the below steps:
1. Launch the Alexa application on your device.
2. Go on the menu and select ‘Settings.’
3. Further click on ‘Device Settings’ to reach your desired menu.
4. Scroll down to the ‘Wake Word’ option and click on it.
5. Choose the wake word you want from the list provided and click on OK.
6. Wait till the changes are applied and conduct a test to confirm.
You can also simply use the Alexa voice command to change the wake word.
1. Simply say, ‘Alexa, change the wake word.’
2. Alexa will give you the list of wake words available.
3. Respond with the wake word you want to select.
4. Alexa will ask for confirmation.
5. Now you can test the new wake word by giving your AI assistant a command.
|Ring Video Doorbell Elite||$349.99||Check Pricing|
|Ring Video Doorbell Wired – Convenient, essential features in a compact design, pair with Ring Chime to hear audio alerts in your home (existing doorbell wiring required) - 2021 release||$64.99||Check Pricing|
|Amazon eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 extender - expands existing eero network||$79.99||Check Pricing|
|Amazon eero 6+ mesh Wi-Fi system | Fast and reliable gigabit speeds | connect 75+ devices | Coverage up to 4,500 sq. ft. | 3-pack, 2022 release||$239.00||Check Pricing|
|Blink Mini – Compact indoor plug-in smart security camera, 1080p HD video, night vision, motion detection, two-way audio, easy set up, Works with Alexa – 1 camera (White)||$34.99||Check Pricing|
How To Change The Name Alexa Calls You?
Communication between Alexa and you can now be more interesting if you change the name Alexa calls you. In just a few simple steps, you can change how Alexa responds to your answers more personally.
1. Log in to your Alexa application.
2. Click on the ‘Communicate’ button and click on ‘Person.’
3. Click on the name shown on top of the ‘My Communications Settings’ option.
4. Next, press ‘Edit.’
5. Enter your first and last name in the respective boxes.
6. Click on ‘Save.’ And you are done.
Whenever Alexa has to respond to you now, she will use your name. Amazing, right?
|Fire TV Stick Lite, free and live TV, Alexa Voice Remote Lite, smart home controls, HD streaming||$29.99||Check Pricing|
|Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls), HD streaming device||$39.99||Check Pricing|
|Fire TV Stick 4K, brilliant 4K streaming quality, TV and smart home controls, free and live TV||$39.99||Check Pricing|
|Fire TV Stick 4K Max streaming device, Wi-Fi 6, Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls)||$54.99||Check Pricing|
|Fire TV Cube, Hands-free streaming device with Alexa, 4K Ultra HD, includes latest Alexa Voice Remote||Check Pricing|
The Final Verdict
Having Amazon Alexa at your home as your personal AI assistant is very helpful. It can sort basic things out for you, such as set alarms and reminders, while assisting you with several other tasks like telling you the news or the weather updates.
However, having the same Alexa voice to speak to all the time can be a little monotonous. Considering this, Amazon has a few changes that you can make to Alexa’s voice, accent, or even make it talk like a celebrity.
For example, you can look into how to change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis or Samuel L. Jackson, apply it to your Amazon Alexa, and then have a tete-a-tete with a celebrity. You can also change accents, languages, and even the name Alexa calls you with.
So go on now, customize your Amazon Alexa to make the experience feel a little more intimate.