In this tutorial we answer the question “How Do I Secure My WiFi?”. This process boils down to using your web browser to log into your router’s admin area so you can set a WiFi password. Depending on what brand of router you have and the way your WiFi router is set up, this process may vary. In case you don’t know the username and password for your router’s admin area (which most people don’t), most routers do have a RESET button that you press and hold in for 10 seconds. So don’t worry – in just a few minutes you can reset your router, log into it, and set your WiFi password. See below for the step-by-step guide:
How Do I Secure My WiFi?
- Open your web browser
- Type your router’s IP address (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) in your browser’s address bar and hit ENTER or Go. To find your Router’s IP address, see the next section.
- Your router’s admin-area login screen will now appear, asking for your username and password.
- If you know the username and password, enter them now. If you don’t know the username and/or password, try the suggestions in the section located in the middle of this page, titled “What’s My Router’s Username and Password?“.
- Once you’re logged into your router, go to the section that says “WiFi” or “Security“
- After you’re at the “WiFi” or “Security” area of your router’s admin area, locate the button and/or area with your WiFi password.
- Click on the button to change your WiFi password.
- Now enter a new password.
- After you’ve entered a WiFi password, you will most likely be kicked off of your WiFi. In that case, you’ll just re-connect to your WiFi – but this time you’ll need to enter the new password you created. And so will everybody else, thus solving your “How Do I Secure My WiFi?” conundrum.
How Do I Find My Router’s IP Address?
- In Windows, right-click on the WiFi icon, which is located just to the left of the System Clock. The system clock is in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Then click “Open Network and Sharing Center“
- In the window that pops up, you’ll now see the word “Connections:” with a clickable link next to it that has your WiFi network’s name in it.
- Left-click on the link with your WiFi network’s name, which is just next to the word “Connections:”
- Now click on “Details” in the window that pops open
- When the “Details” window pops up, your Router’s IP address is listed as “IPv4 Default Gateway“.
- Write down your router’s IP address that appears next to “IPv4 Default Gateway”. Pro Tip: The most common router IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
What’s My Router Password & Login?
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- Most Linksys routers use the username “admin” and no password at all.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
If you have any questions like “How Do I Secure My WiFi Router?”, let us know on the KFire TV YouTube Channel.
I run this website! My purpose here is to help people stream great content to their devices. With over 10 years of IT experience, I strive to educate the people who visit this site with the best, most up-to-date information available. If an article on this site helped you, then help me back by leaving a comment on my YouTube channel. Or subscribe to our mailing list for streaming add-on updates and a 60% off VPN coupon code.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.