Hoopla is a media streaming platform that gives you access to audiobooks, comics, ebooks, movies, music, and TV shows. The service allows users to download and stream media content. In this comprehensive guide, we will tell you about the Hoopla Roku Channel and how to add it. Let’s get into it.
What is Hoopla For Roku?
Hoopla is a media streaming platform headquartered in Holland, Ohio, US. The company operates using the “per circulation transaction model” where users can stream for free. Hoopla for Roku is a digital media service which allows you to stream movies and television episodes to your TV for free and on demand. You can also choose from the thousands of movies and television episodes from their extensive library.
How to Add the Hoopla Channel For Roku
The whole process of adding the Hoopla Roku Channel is very easy and only takes few minutes to complete. Follow these steps to get yourself set up in no time.
- Go to your Roku Home Screen
- Navigate to Streaming Channels
- In this section, go to Search Channels and type Hoopla
- On the results page, click Add the Channel
That’s it! Just follow these steps and the Hoopla Roku channel will appear on your account and you will be able to access it.
How to Validate Your Hoopla Account
Once the Hoopla channel is added to your Roku Home Screen, open the Hoopla app. You will be asked to validate your Hoopla Account. You can do it by following these steps.
- Open the Hoopla channel and you will be asked to visit “hoopladigital.com/link”
- You will be redirected to the web page, where you will need to enter your email and password to access your Hoopla Account.
- Once you enter, Hoopla will provide you with a 4-digit code which you need to enter into your device.
- After entering the code, your Hoopla Roku channel will be synced with your existing Hoopla account. You are now able to borrow movie and TV titles from the Hoopla library!
You can use this process if you have an existing account on Hoopla. If you don’t have a Hoopla account then you can easily sign up using the following steps.
- Go to “hoopladigital.com/link” and click the Sign Up text right beneath the Log in! Button
- Enter your email and password when prompted to do so.
- Once you’ve done this you’ll be asked to confirm the details you just entered.
- Now you need to choose your library. You can select the local library you want to access by using your name, city, state or zip code.
- Once you select a library, your next step is to enter your library card number and PIN. You will need a valid library card to continue.
- If everything goes well, you should see a screen welcoming you to Hoopla!
Now you have successfully created a Hoopla account. You can now use the sign-in method mentioned above to validate your Hoopla Channel for Roku and start using it.
How to Stream Video with Hoopla
If you’ve been using Hoopla for some time, then you’ll notice that all media content on Hoopla has a checkout period. The checkout period for movies and tv shows is 3 days. You can borrow music for 7 days, and audiobooks for 21 days. The service also has a limit for how many items you can borrow per month.
Here’s how you can stream video on your Roku with Hoopla:
- Make sure that your Hoopla Roku Channel is connected to your Hoopla account.
- Now open the Hoopla Roku Channel and search for the content you want to see. For example, if you want to search for the actor Chris Evans, type his name into the search bar and it will show any related movies that are available in the results.
- Once the movie you want to see appears in the results, open it and select play. The system will add it to the list of content you’ve borrowed and the movie will start playing.
- That’s all you need to start finding and watching movies on Hoopla!
Hoopla is an excellent service that comes with a wide variety of good movies, TV shows, and other content. The service is also free to use with your library card which is a plus. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also visit our website for more useful guides.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Here are some great guides to help you get the most out of your Roku:
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.