Here’s how to install FreeFlix on Firestick or Fire TV (watch the Video in this post for exact step-by-step instructions!).
What is FreeFlix on Firestick?
FreeFlix on Firestick is a great app for streaming movies & TV shows without hassle. FreeFlix is very similar to Terrarium TV! Free Flix HQ is also a great Kodi alternative, if you don’t feel like messing with Kodi addons.
To install FreeFlix HQ on Firestick, there are 3 basic “Parts” to this install process. Just below this sentence you’ll see those steps. Then, below those steps you’ll see the detailed step-by-step instructions for every part of the process.
To install FreeFlix HQ on Firestick (summary.. see full steps by scrolling down!):
- Install Downloader app to enable us to install Aptoide app store
- Then install Aptoide TV app store using the downloader app
- Finally, use Aptoide TV to install FreeFlix HQ, Terrarium TV, Mobdro, Kodi, or other great Firestick apps
(Click on a Step above to be taken to the corresponding section in this FreeFlix APK install guide)
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Here’s my YouTube Tutorial Video if you prefer to watch this FreeFlix install tutorial instead of read it:
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Part 1: Install Downloader app on your Firestick
In this section, we install a free app that enables us to install Aptoide TV. Aptoide TV is an awesome app that allows us to easily install the latest version of the FreeFlix APK on Firestick.
- From the Firestick homescreen, go to the “Search” icon in the top-left corner. This appears as a magnifying glass.
- Then, using the Firestick remote, enter the word “downloader” into the on-screen keyboard.
- Now use the Firestick remote’s “down” button to highlight the word Downloader (just below the on-screen keyboard). You know the word Downloader is highlighted when you see the color of the text change to yellow.
- Press the center button on the Firestick remote to proceed with the search.
- In the search results, under the “Apps & Games” heading, select the icon for the “Downloader” app. (This app has an orange background).
- Then select “Install” to install Downloader on Firestick.
- After Downloader has installed, select “Open” to launch the Downloader app.
Once the Downloader app is open on your Firestick, use the next section to install Aptoide (a third-party app store for Firestick).
Part 2: Download & install Aptoide using the Downloader app
In this section, we simply use the free “Downloader” app we installed in the previous section to install the “Aptoide TV” third-party app store!
- Make sure Apps From Unknown Sources is Enabled on your Android phone
- Download Aptoide Installer from http://bit.ly/a323kftv
- Launch (“Run”) the Aptoide Installer APK file (the same file you just downloaded)
- Press INSTALL
- Wait for the Aptoide Install process to complete
- Launch Aptoide by pressing its icon from within your Firestick’s “Apps” menu
After you launch Aptoide, use the section below to install FreeFlix HD on Firestick.
Part 3: Use Aptoide to install FreeFlix on Firestick, Terrrium TV, and/or Mobdro
- In the Aptoide TV app, select the “Featured” category.
- Then select the icon for FreeFlix HQ
- Now select “Install” to begin the FreeFlix on Firestick install process.
- After FreeFlix HQ has installed, press Open to Launch the FreeFlix app
How to Use FreeFlix HQ on Firestick
There are a few main ways to operate the FreeFlix HQ app. It’s all done using the Amazon Firestick remote (or Fire TV, if that’s the device you’re using.)
Since FreeFlix HQ has a handy-dandy Search function, we’ll start with that and then move on to the “Categories” in FreeFlix HQ.
To use the Search function in the FreeFlix HQ app..
- Simply use the Firestick remote to select the magnifying-glass icon in the corner of the FreeFlix HQ app screen. This is the Search icon.
- After you select the Search icon in FreeFlix HD using the Center button on the Amazon Firestick remote, use the remote to search for any movie or TV show.
- To use the Alexa Voice search feature (available if you have an Alexa Voice remote), select the “Voice” button on the Alexa Voice remote. However, if you don’t have an Alexa Remote, then just use the on-screen keyboard to enter your FreeFlix on Firestick search term.
- Then proceed with the Search.
- In the search results, select the desired item.
- Proceed to select a source (if you need help with that, scroll down to “Selecting a Source in FreeFlix HD”
Using FreeFlix HD “Categories” menu
FreeFlix HD’s “Categories” menu is pretty useful for browsing through a pre-made list of movies. To use FreeFlix on Firestick “Categories” / “Browse” feature, follow these steps:
- In the FreeFlix HD app’s main menu, select a Category.
- Then select a movie.
- Now simply choose “Watch” – then select a source. To select a source, read the short section below.
How to Choose a Stream in FreeFlix HQ
The first time I tried to play a stream in FreeFlix HD was pretty tricky because of the way the buttons on the screen are arranged. Particularly, it’s not totally clear that you need to select the “radio” button (the little circle next to the stream) before you press “Go”. So here’s how to select a stream in FreeFlix HD:
- After you press “Watch” on the movie / TV show you want to watch, use the down / up / left / right buttons on the Firestick remote to highlight the name of a stream. You’ll know the stream is highlighted when the background color behind the title of the stream changed from a dark color to a light color
- Once the stream has been highlighted, use the Center button on the Firestick remote to “select” the stream. You know the stream has been selected when the white circle next to the title of the stream is filled with orange instead of black.
- Now that the stream has been selected, use the down / up / left / right buttons on the Firestick remote to select the “Go” button.
- Wait for FreeFlix on Firestick to stream your movie / TV show! Enjoy :)