What is Yoda?
Yoda is an add on for the Kodi streaming app that is named after the Star Wars character we all know and love (Know him you do, hmmm?). Firestick Yoda is a third-party resource (not a part of the official Amazon app store) that provides access to thousands of shows, and it is a very popular add on for the Kodi streaming app.
Many people prefer this to streaming TV shows and movies through normal paid subscription apps (yes, Kodi Firestick Yoda is free!). But before using it to watch shows you have to install it on Kodi, which is the app you’ll need in order access it. If you want to know how to install Firestick Yoda on Kodi, then this article is for you. Just stick with us to the end and follow the steps we’ve laid out and you’ll be good to go.
So follow along with these steps and get read to stream all the fantastic shows and films you’ll get with the Kodi Firestick Yoda add on.
What is Kodi?
Ok, so we’ve told you that Firestick Yoda is an add on for the Kodi app, but we haven’t really taken a moment to explain what Kodi is. Put simply, Kodi is a video streaming app, just like Netflix. You can watch TV shows, live sports, movies, and other content. But you don’t stream these things directly from Kodi itself. To stream them you need add ons (like Firestick Yoda) like channels that provide the content you watch on Kodi.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Important: These add ons are third party sources (meaning they aren’t available through the Amazon app store). As we mentioned before, add ons are installed on Kodi so that you can access your favorite TV shows and movies for free through the app. However, it’s worth pointing out that there are some add ons that are not available to all users due to region restrictions or government firewalls that block certain internet content (like Kodi porn or copyrighted shows and movies). The best and easiest way to get around these restrictions and to protect your privacy while you watch your favorite TV shows is installing a VPN. This keeps governments, corporations, and hackers from monitoring or controlling your online activity.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Nowadays, Kodi is gaining a lot of popularity because of its high quality streams and huge library of free streaming content. If you’d like more help we’ve got the best guide around to walk you through installing Kodi for Firestick. If you’ve already don that and you’re ready to start downloading the Kodi Firestick Yoda add on, then keep reading!
Install Firestick Yoda Kodi Add-On
Like we’ve mentioned before, this is a third party add on that is not available through the normal Amazon app store. In order to install it, we’ll have to change a few security settings to enable third-party sources before we begin the installation process. First we’re going to check see if your Kodi app is set to allow you to install Add Ons from Unknown Sources.
To check this simply:
- Go to Settings
- Click on System Settings
- Click on the Add Ons option on the left side bar
- Highlight Turn on Unknown Sources
- Please turn it on
Install Firestick Yoda Source
Once you’ve got that initial set up done, you’re ready to start the process of installing Firestick Yoda for Kodi on the web. To do this we’re going to need to add a server address for Kodi to get the installation files.
Here’s what you need t do:
- To start, you need to be on the Kodi home screen
- Go to settings on the left side of the window. Click on the cog/gear icon underneath the Kodi logo
- Scroll down to the file manager option and open it
- A window will appear on the right side of your screen, giving you the option to Add Source. If this option is not visible, it could be because you’ve already added several sources. If you keep scrolling down you should be able to find it
- A window will open. Click None on the initial dialogue box
- Then enter the following URL exactly as written: http://www.lvtvv.com/repo
- Once the address is entered, you’ll be able to name the source. Give it a memorable name so that you can easily identify it later (Firestick Yoda is a good option).
Install Firestick Yoda Add-On and Kodi Repository
Now that you’ve added the source (great work so far!), the next step is to install the Kodi repository from this source. Once you’ve installed the repository, you’ll use it install the Firestick Yoda add on for Kodi. We know it’s a lot of steps, but it’s simple and worth it. Stick with us!
- Go back to the Home Screen of the Kodi app and click the option, Add On
- Then click the box shaped Package Installer icon at the top left side of the page
- There is an option to Install From a Zip File click on it
- Remember that source you named a little bit earlier (We chose Firestick Yoda)? Now is the time to remember that name! Select it from the menu
- Then you will see a zip file with the source you named (as well as some numbers). Click on this file
- After a moment, you see a notification letting you know that the Kodi Firestick Yoda repository has been installed
- Click on the option: Install from zip file
- Next click on the option to Install from repository
- You’ll see the channel you named on a list of repositories. Click on the name you chose earlier (Firestick Yoda)
- Then you’ll need to select Video add-ons
- Another list will appear! Click Yoda
- Click on install at the right side of the screen. Then click OK
- Now all you have to do is wait until the Firestick Yoda add on is installed and appears on the Kodi Home Screen
After the installation process is complete, you’ll have access to your add ons and will be able to easily stream high quality videos and enjoy access to thousands of shows. Congrats!
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Protect Your Data with IPVanish
People are finally becoming more aware (and for good reason) that everything we do on the internet is recorded by your Internet Service Provider (companies like Cox or Comcast). Which sites you’ve visited, who you’ve been talking to, what you have been searching for.
On the record, this personal data they collect on you is used to determine which ads they decide to show to you, although it’s common knowledge that this data gets sold off to other companies and governments who can use it for whatever they want. Even if you delete your browsing history, your ISP (along with whoever else is watching) has that information. We believe that everyone has the right to protect their privacy and the best way to do that is with a VPN.
If you plan on using Kodi on your Amazon Firestick you 100% need to be using a VPN. This doesn’t mean that Kodi won’t work without a VPN, but that going without a VPN will mean that you are open to having your information monitored, and also won’t be able to get the most out of what Kodi offers. As you may know, the Kodi Firestick Yoda add-on has a lot of content that is public domain, but sometimes copyrighted films or TV shows get posted by accident. To protect yourself from lawsuits in the case that you accidentally click on one of these links, we strongly recommend installing IPVanish VPN.
How to Use IPVanish with Firestick Yoda
Before you proceed, make sure you use my exclusive 60% off VPN coupon (for visitors of this site only) to snag huge savings. It’s the largest discount you’ll find on the web for the world’s leading VPN service. They’re also the only VPN service in the world that has a FireStick VPN app. So, enjoy the coupon (my gift to you)!
- From the Firestick home screen, select the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the top left corner of the screen. Press the Search icon (from the Firestick home screen)
- Then, using the Fire TV remote to press keys on the on-screen keyboard, enter the word “ipvanish”. Enter “IPVanish” into the search box
- Then use the Down button on the FireTV remote to highlight the word “ipvanish” (it turns to Yellow when it’s “highlighted”). Select the word “IPvanish” using the Fire TV Remote (the word turns yellow when it’s selected)
- Then press the center button on the Fire TV remote to search for the IPVanish VPN for Firestick app. (Hint: If you don’t see the IPVanish app right after the search results appear, then select “Apps & Games”.)
- Now select the icon of the IPVanish app using the Center button on the Fire TV remote. Select the IPVanish App from the search results with the Center button on the Firestick remote
- Press the Center button again to “Get” the IPVanish app. Get the IPVanish app by pressing the Center button on the Fire TV remote
- After the IPVanish app install is finished, press the Center button once more on the Fire TV remote to Open the IPVanish app. Press “Open” using the Center button on the Firestick remote to Launch the IPVanish Firestick app
- Once the IPVanish app opens, select the “Username” box. Select “Username” with the Fire TV remote Select the “Username” box
- Then enter your Username you got when you signed up for IPVanish with my coupon link. Enter your IPVanish username
- Then enter your password you chose when you signed up for IPVanish. Enter your password
- Finally, press “Login” to log in to the IPVanish Firestick app. Just one last button to press after this! Press “Login”
- Lastly, press the Center button on the Firestick remote to Connect instantly to the fastest VPN server available. Press the center button to Connect to the VPN!
After doing these steps, your connection will be secure. Open the Kodi app and use it just like you normally would.
By installing Firestick Yoda and IPVanish VPN you’ll now be able to watch unlimited shows on Kodi without any worry and fear that someone is spying on what you are watching. Now that you have IPVanish, I recommend installing it on any of your other internet-connected devices. If you need help doing that, we’ve got a walk through for how to install IPVanish VPN on literally any device.