Don’t waste your money buying an unlocked or jailbroken Firestick from eBay. They’re charging you $20+ for something that is both easy and only takes 15 minutes. (That’s on top of the cost of the Firestick, by the way.) Getting your Firestick unlocked does not involve any programming therefore there is no risk of bricking it.
Where to Get Firestick Unlocked?
Don’t buy an unlocked Firestick.
Just buy a stock Firestick from Amazon and unlock Firestick yourself. A brand new Amazon Firestick is only $29 to $39 (depending on whether they’re running a Firestick sale).
It only takes about 5 minutes to make your Firestick unlocked.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Furthermore, this way you won’t overpay, you’ll learn how to do something fun & new, and you can do it yourself!
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
What is a Firestick For?
The amazon tv Firestick allows you to watch movies and TV shows, and even play some games right from your TV with only a wi-fi connection. It turns any TV with an HDMI port into a smart TV.
Instead of hooking up your laptop to your TV to watch your favorite binge shows on Prime or Hulu, you can do everything with a remote from the comfort of your couch.
Amazon designed the Firestick to be an easy plug-and-play device that anyone can easily use. The ease of use does limit some options. Luckily, it’s also easy to put add-ons on your Firestick. These add-ons increase your options on what to watch.
Until you get your Firestick unlocked, it’s a pretty boring device.
So keep reading to unlock your Firestick in about 5 minutes!
What is on the Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Amazon wants to make everything easy for you. If you purchase your Firestick directly from Amazon, they automatically tie it to your account. From there you can download apps that are essentially cable channels, except that you watch what you want when you want. You don’t have to be in front of the TV at a specific time each week to watch your favorite show. They also have games available for the Firestick. Some of them require a controller.
The Amazon Prime app is the only thing that comes pre-loaded on the Fire tv stick. But adding other trusted apps is as simple as adding new apps to your phone. It’s as easy as going to the app store on your smartphone and downloading whatever interests you.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Most news outlets have an app for the Firestick. All major league sports have apps for it too, although you might need to pay a subscription fee.
The Amazon App store for Firestick has many great free apps for all purposes: Streaming TV, Movies, Utilities, and more. It also has some apps that make use of TV channels like HBO. But if you really want to get your Firestick unlocked, you’ll have access to thousands of extra (“third-party” apps).
What Channels Can You Get For Free with a Firestick?
Many channels available on the Fire TV Stick come with their subscription costs. Channels like Netflix, HBO, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video are all right there, but they aren’t free.
As we mentioned until you get your Firestick unlocked, your access to apps is quite limited.
But there are over 100 Firestick channels available for free. (We tried to count one time and got north of 200 before calling it a lost cause.) Keep in mind they do add more free channels and some move to paid services. So this is by no means a comprehensive list of free channels, but it will give you a good idea of the selection.
- BBC News
- CBS All Access
- Disney Junior
- History Channel
- Huff Post Live
- iHeart Radio
- PBS Kids
- Twitch TV
- Watch Food Network
- Watch HGTV
Other paid channels include ESPN, NBA Game Time, MLB TV Premium, Starz, and Showtime. While you’re waiting for things to download, check out our more extensive list of the most popular Firestick Apps for movies and live TV.
How Do You Unlock a Fire TV Stick?
Getting your Firestick unlocked is simple. There is no software to bypass which means there is no risk of messing up the device. It’s less like unlocking a device and more like adding software that lets you customize it.
Firestick Tip: To unlock Firestick is the same thing as Firestick jailbreak. So we use these terms interchangeably, in this context.
How to Jailbreak Firestick Within Minutes
Follow our step by step instructions below to unlock your Firestick easily
Step 1: Installing the Downloader
Unlocking Firestick is all about being able to download and install them. For a jailbroken Firestick, the first step is to get a facilitating download app. And that app is called “Downloader. Here’s how to get the Downloader app from the official Amazon app store.
- Go to the home display of Firestick
- Go to “Find” in the middle of the apps bar.
- Select “Search” and type in “Downloader.”
- Find Downloader in search suggestions
- Next, select Download (or Get)
- Wait a few moments for the Downloader app to download and install
Step 2: Jailbreaking your Firestick device
Next, you have to jailbreak your Firestick device. It’s a very simple process. You don’t need a computer or smartphone. A basic Firestick device, remote control, and a working internet connection would do the job. Follow our instructions to set it up.
Note: These instructions are for the latest Firestick OS. If you are using an older Firestick OS version, these settings will look different.
- Go to settings by opening the gear icon on the far right.
- Go to “My Fire TV.”
- On the following screen, open “Developer Options.”
- Turn ON the “ADB debugging” option
- Next, tap on “Install unknown apps.”
- In the list of apps, tap on “Downloader” and turn this feature ON
Now your Firestick has been unlocked. You can start installing different streaming (or gaming, etc.) apps with Kodi 19.
Using the Jailbroken Firestick to Download Kodi
Kodi is a program that manages other sets of add-ons you can choose from. Within Kodi, you can choose what you want to watch, from anime to sports, movies, TV shows, live tv, documentaries, and much more. (Keep in mind that some Kodi add-ons violate copyright laws and can land you in trouble if you don’t use a good VPN to protect your online privacy.)
Let’s look at how you can use the unlocked Firestick to download third-party apps like Kodi.
1. Launch the Downloader app.
2. When you see the main Downloader window, enter the following URL and tap Go.
3. Navigate the page, and under Downloads, select ARMV7A (32BIT). It will start downloading the file.
4. Once the file has been downloaded, select INSTALL and tap it to start the installation process.
5. Wait a few moments for the Kodi APK to finish the installation.
6. When you see an “App Installed” notification, it will confirm that Kodi is now ready to use.
You can also use the same instructions to download any third-party app on Firestick. Simply replace the download URL with your URL and download the file. Your Firestick is now Jailbroken and ready to install thousands of apps.
What are the best Jailbreak Apps for Firestick?
While Kodi is an excellent app to start your Firestick experience, it’s not the only one. There are some fantastic apps you can install and supercharge your home entertainment experience. However, we do not vouch for the legal status of the content these apps display. We recommend only watching content that’s available in the public domain only.
The best thing about these APKs is that they are free to use. They do not require any registration, sign-up process, email credentials, or subscription. Simply download them and start using free content. Below are our handpicked apps to enhance your Firestick streaming experience.
- Cinema APK
- Titanium TV
For TV Shows
- Cinema APK
- Nova TV
- Cyberflix APK
For Live TV
- Bee TV
- Tea Sports Live
- Pluto TV
- UK Turks
- Viva TV
Installing Kodi Using a SmartPhone
- On your smartphone or tablet, install Fire Installer from the Google Play store (it’s free.)
- Download Kodi from the Google Play store (also free.)
- Startup your Firestick normally.
- Go to Setting -> Developer options, then turn on ADB debugging
- Go to Settings -> About -> Network and then find your IP Address for your Firestick
- Start Fire Installer on your tablet/phone.
- Enter the IP Address of your Fire Stick into Fire Installer
- Select Kodi from the list of installed apps to install on your Firestick.
Getting Add Ons for Kodi
The add-ons are where Kodi shines. It’s popular for a reason. They are always changing so it can take some tweaking to get yourself the perfect setup.
First of all, here is a list of the best current add-ons for Kodi that we regularly update to save you the research time. Each of these popular add-ons comes with its own set of instructions in the links.
The basic system for installing Kodi add ons for your Firestick is as follows:
1. From “My Apps & Games,” launch Kodi
2. Click the Settings icon on the top left (looks like a gear)
3. Click the File Manager icon
4. Add your source (this step requires a URL directing Kodi to an appropriate add-on.)
5. Go back to the home screen after downloading
6. Click “Add-ons” from the left-hand menu
7. Install the add-on from the “Install from zip file” section
8. Once you install the add-on, you should be able to find what you want under its appropriate section (i.e., TV, Radio, Videos, etc.) or from the Add-ons menu.
Please keep in mind that neither Kodi nor we take any responsibility for what you watch on the add-ons. We do not condone piracy in any way.
That being said, go have fun.
Is it Legal to Unlock Your Fire Stick?
Yes. There is nothing wrong with unlocking your Firestick. It’s a tool you can modify as you choose.
With that out there, it’s especially relevant to mention that like any tool you only get in trouble through how you use it.
If you install the correct add-on, then there are uncountable numbers of online streaming services that will stream new movies right to your Firestick. Installing the add-on onto your Fire TV stick is not even illegal. Only streaming a movie that the distributor does not have the right to get people in trouble. As a result, tens of thousands of people have their Firestick unlocked and are enjoying it worry-free.
But how do you tell? If you are on a streaming site that offers free movies that are still in theaters, you can be pretty sure those violate the copyright.
Sometimes it’s tricky to tell the difference between what is okay and what is not. It is up to the user to do their own research on which add-ons can get you in trouble and which can’t. There are tons of perfectly harmless and legal add-ons available for an unlocked Firestick.
- 1 Where to Get Firestick Unlocked?
- 2 What is a Firestick For?
- 3 What is on the Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- 4 What Channels Can You Get For Free with a Firestick?
- 5 How Do You Unlock a Fire TV Stick?
- 6 How to Jailbreak Firestick Within Minutes
- 7 Using the Jailbroken Firestick to Download Kodi
- 8 What are the best Jailbreak Apps for Firestick?
- 9 Installing Kodi Using a SmartPhone
- 10 Getting Add Ons for Kodi
- 11 Is it Legal to Unlock Your Fire Stick?