Got some great movies / TV shows on your Android or iPhone you want to cast to your Firestick? Use this guide to quickly and easily set up Firestick Mirroring. Some people know this feature by name as “MiraCast“. In this tutorial, we show you how to set everything up (including Airscreen / AllCast) step-by-step with screenshots.
TIP: Most “casting apps” only let you cast individual video files to Amazon Firestick. But I found this excellent app called AirScreen which lets you cast your entire Android phone’s screen to your Firestick / Fire TV. This means you can watch streaming TV / movies on your Android phone’s browser – and simply cast the entire Android screen to Fire TV!
Step 1: Enable Firestick Mirroring
First, enable mirroring on your Firestick using these steps..
- From the Fire TV home screen, select “Settings”
- Choose “Display & Sounds”
- Select “Enable Display Mirroring”
Step 2: Install AirScreen / AllCast on Your Firestick
After you followed the steps above to enable screen mirroring on Firestick, use the steps below to install the “AirScreen” (or “AllCast“) app on your Fire TV. To install AirScreen (or the alternate AllCast) on Fire TV, do these steps..
- Go to the Firestick home screen and then select the “Search” icon
- Then search for “AirScreen” using the Firestick’s “search” function.
- Press the center button on the Firestick remote to download & install AirScreen
- Now, on your Android phone, press the “Cast” button after you start playing a live stream, a video or TV show.
Now complete the whole process by simply following the steps below to install AllCast on your Android device.
Step 3 (Optional): Install Cast app on your Android, iPhone or iPad
In case your phone doesn’t have a “Cast” function included by default, then use the steps below to install a Casting app.
If you have an Android, then follow the steps immediately below. Or if you have an iPhone / iPad, scroll down a bit and follow the steps in the section titled “Got iPhone?..”.
Got Android? Install AllCast on Your Android Device
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android device (the device you want to cast TO your Fire TV / Stick)
- Search for AllCast in the Play Store. Then select AllCast in the search results
- Now press INSTALL to install AllCast on the Android device you want to mirror to Firestick
Got iPhone / iPad? Install AirBeamTV on your iPhone or iPad
- On your iOS device, search the iTunes App Store for “Mirror for Amazon Fire TV” or “AirBeamTV”
- Select “Mirror for Amazon Fire TV” / AirBeam TV in the search results
- Press Install
- IMPORTANT: At this step, you must install the app called “AirBeamTV Mirroring Receiver” on your Firestick. Just search for “AirBeamTV” from the Firestick home screen or enter this address into the web browser on your Fire TV / Stick: http://bit.ly/airbeamtv
You’re done setting everything up! Now just use the final steps (below) to cast media to Firestick.
Step 4: Choose what you want to Cast for Firestick Mirroring
You can cast just about anything to your Fire TV once you have it all set up (by following all the steps above). Basically you just start playing some media (movie, TV show, whatever) on your Android device. Then press the “Cast” / “Mirror” button.
Anything on your Android screen can be cast to your Firestick screen!
TIP: The free “VLC” app for Android is my favorite media player. It plays literally any movie / TV show you throw at it – and it lets you cast.
Another great media player app for Android is MX Player.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Both apps are available for free in the Google Play Store.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.