Need to setup your Amazon Firestick? Use this guide to do the Firestick login process and fully set up your Fire TV (stick) in a flash the right way.
How to Setup Firestick & Firestick Login
Here’s the quickest, safest, easiest way to setup Amazon Firestick. Start by having your TV turned off. Then follow these steps for Firestick login (aka log in to your Amazon account on Fire stick / FireTV):
- First, plugin your Amazon Firestick / Fire TV by using the power cord and power block provided with your device. TIP: Plug the Firestick power block directly into the wall outlet (NOT into your TV’s USB port) for best performance.
- Then insert the Firestick into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Turn on your TV and then make sure the TV is switched to the HDMI port your Firestick is in
- If you haven’t put the batteries in the Firestick remote yet, do so now.
- Then follow the steps that appear on your screen to log in to your Amazon account using your Firestick.
Firestick Login Using Your Amazon Account
- When your screen tells you to log in to your Amazon account, first enter your username
- Then enter your password
- If you have trouble logging in to your Amazon account, then use your smartphone or computer to go to https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201945330 to see how to reset your Amazon account password.
Do you need an Amazon account to use fire stick?
Yes, you need an Amazon account to use Firestick. The account does NOT need to be an Amazon Prime account – just a regular Amazon account.
It’s free to get an Amazon account. You can do this using your phone or computer by going to https://www.amazon.com/your-account – then proceed to sign up for a new Amazon account.
If you already have an Amazon account and you don’t know your password, then just Google “reset Amazon password“, go to the first search result and proceed to reset your Amazon password.
How do I activate my Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- While using Amazon Firestick / FireTV and the screen says you need to activate your device, first write down the activation code that appears on your screen. This code will be used in the next step.
- Now get your smartphone or computer out and open a web browser window (in an app like Chrome, Safari, or Firefox).
- Then enter the address of the service you want to activate (for example, enter pbs.org to activate the PBS app, enter Netflix.com to activate the Netflix app, or enter Hulu.com to activate the Hulu app).
- At this point just click on “Activate” or whatever button on your screen takes you to the “activation” area (for example, pbs.org/activate
- Now enter the Activation Code you got from your TV screen (in Step 1 above)
- Press Continue
- You’re done! Your Firestick is now activated with the app you installed.
Psst.. You should check out my Top 20 YouTube Tutorials which show you the best apps for Firestick ;)
Is there a monthly fee for Fire Stick?
No. There is no monthly fee for Fire Stick. However, there is quite a bit of confusion surrounding this topic. Keep reading to get un-confused.
Why is there confusion about Firestick monthly subscription fees? Because certain apps you can install on the Firestick (like HBO GO and Netflix) do require that you pay a monthly subscription fee. But to put it simply, the Amazon Fire Stick itself does not require a monthly subscription fee.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Keep in mind that if you don’t purchase any monthly subscriptions for apps like HBO GO or Netflix, you may find that the content you can watch on Firestick is somewhat limited. Therefore, I recommend that you install a third-party app store on your Firestick such as APKTime or Aptoide TV. Then use the third-party app store to install free apps like Cinema HD.
What Channels Do You Get With Firestick?
Firestick uses apps to access TV channels. For example, if you want to watch the channel HBO, then you must install the HBO GO app on Firestick and pay for a subscription to HBO. Or if you want to watch PBS, then just install the free PBS app on your Firestick and start streaming. Some apps/channels are free, while others require a paid subscription.
Here are some of the best channels for Firestick (aka “apps”):
- HBO GO
- Watch ESPN
- BBC News
- Hulu with Live TV
- iHeart Radio
- History Channel
- Watch HGTV
- Watch Food Network
- Pluto TV
- Tubi TV
- Huff Post Live
- MLB TV Premium
- NBA Game Time
- Bloomberg TV
- Disney Junior
- PBS Kids
- CBS AllAccess
And last but not least – Amazon Prime videos
What channels are free on fire stick?
Here are the Top 10 Best Free Channels on Firestick (aka Apps):
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.