When having trouble making your Fire Stick zoom out, we have three methods here to help you. Do you need to fix Fire TV screen zoomed in? Then use this Fire Stick Zoom Out guide to get back to normal. You’ll need your Fire Stick remote for all of these processes.
Fire TV and FireStick
Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are devices from Amazon that connect to your HDTV, giving you extraordinary entertainment choices. Right now, the Fire TV is the most popular way of enjoying a large variety of TV shows and movies. Enjoy over 250,000 episodes of your favorite shows with apps for Netflix, HBO NOW, and Hulu among many more. You can also enjoy music and even games on your Fire Stick or Fire TV.
Kodi Firestick Safety
If you install Kodi on your Fire TV or Fire Stick, the world opens up to you. You may go forth invisibly and do no harm with unlimited entertainment at your disposal when you pair your Kodi Fire device with a VPN. The best VPN for Fire TV and Fire TV Stick owners is IPVanish, and you can get it for 60% off right here. That comes to only 4 dollars and change each month for the most secure VPN available anywhere.
Fire Stick Remote Required
Among the features of Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick is a unique “Alexa” voice search feature. While the Alexa feature is not necessary to turn magnification on or off, I just think it deserves special mention. Alexa is a cloud service that allows you to simply use your voice to ask for a movie, TV title, actor, genre, or even director that you want to watch on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. Your voice request is processed in the cloud, then the search results will appear on your screen.
Looking for a lost Firestick remote? Get a new one from Amazon (without voice) for $15. Or get an Alexa Voice Remote for $30. But if you go that route, you might as well buy a brand new Firestick WITH Voice remote for $40 from Amazon.
Fire TV Features
Then, there is the expandable USB storage and a fast quad-core processor. This processor allows the users to play their favorite and best-selling games like Crossy Road, Minecraft, Game of Thrones, and much more. You don’t have to wait for your favorite shows or movies to buffer, either. You get to know about your favorite shows and movies so you can enjoy them right away!
Moreover, Fire TV allows you move your favorite apps so that the small screen can be freed for other uses. Or simply mirror your tablet or smart phone to your TV, which can be accomplished by using the “Mirror my screen” feature on a smartphone. People who subscribe to Amazon receive unlimited access to the most popular TV shows and movies. With the Prime Instant Video service, you get the HBO collection as well as the original TV shows along with Prime Music are all included.
I seem to have a problem with tangential thinking. Let’s get back on track and get your Fire Stick zoomed out for you.
Fire Stick Zoom Out
Fire Stick Design Flaw
There is an unfortunate mistake on the Amazon end of things. Amazon removed the ability to adjust the display size on the screen, so users cannot effectively make their Fire Stick zoom out. If users navigate to the Settings area of the Fire TV home screen, then Calibrate Display appears, but there are no “Press up and down screen to zoom in and out of visible area” prompts upon selecting that option. Users see only static arrows displayed, with a message advising to adjust zoom or overscan in the TV settings.
People understandably find it annoying when their TV crops the edges of video output. Also, there is often no zoom/overscan settings option available for their TV. There are two ways to make the Fire Stick zoom out, however:
- Method 1 involves making your Firestick Zoom Out using the Fire Stick Accessibility settings
- Then, with Method 2, we show you how to get Firestick to Zoom out using the Firestick’s display calibration
If your TV is not displaying the entire Fire TV output, then you’re in luck. Not quite certain how to make your Fire Stick zoom out? Don’t worry, as this tutorial shows how to adjust the zoomed in Fire TV screen to make the Fire Stick zoom out with the Fire TV remote.
Two Methods: Make Your Fire Stick Zoom Out
Method 1: Firestick Accessibility Settings
Sometimes, the most well meaning of features can change things up, then leave you hanging high and dry. The Fire Stick zoomed in feature is there for people with bad eyesight or who want to see tiny details more clearly. Pause; zoom; look at the spinach stuck in Miley’s teeth; zoom out. This can be handy when you need it or want it. If you don’t, you may do it accidentally anyway, then wonder what just happened and why.If an orange frame or outline mysteriously appears around your TV screen as the bottom two panels in the above image illustrate, you’ve almost certainly hit the menu and play buttons on your remote at the same time. This is the combined keystroke for zooming in when the Screen Magnifier is turned on within the Accessibility settings. Let’s get you squared away if this is the case.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- The quickest way to turn the Screen Magnifier on or off is by holding the Back (not Rewind) and Fast Forward buttons down at the same time. Please have patience while holding these both down, as it takes 3 to 5 seconds to switch.
- If you wish to simply toggle the Zoom feature on and off while the Screen Magnifier is enabled, then while holding the Menu button down, press the Play/Pause button.
- To zoom in and out, hold down on the Menu button, then tap the Fast Forward or Rewind button.
- To Pan while zoomed, hold down the Menu button, then use the ring button to pan up, down, left, and right.
If you don’t happen to have your Amazon remote controller at hand, don’t fret. You can navigate to the Screen Magnification setting located in Settings > Accessibility, then simply toggle it off (or on, as you wish).
However, if this method didn’t work for you, then you do still have paddles to use on this creek. Read on…
Method 2: Firestick Display Calibration
- First of all, go to the far right in the top menu to Settings on the Firestick home screen.
- Now, select Display and Sound within the Settings menu.
- Select the Display item in the Display and Sound area.
- Choose the Calibrate Display option within the Display menu.
- Then, use the top and bottom of the Fire TV Stick remote control’s ring button to adjust the image size on the screen up and down until it takes up all of the screen without any of it disappearing. This should fix the issue when things appear offscreen.
- Don’t fret if either the horizontal or vertical adjustment doesn’t make it to the edge. If you have either the top and bottom or the left and right flush to the edge with nothing disappearing from the screen, you are good to go.
- You can reset and start over again at any time by undoing.
- Next, select the Accept option to apply these changes.
- Return to the home screen of your Fire TV or Fire Stick. You’ll hopefully see that this Fire Stick zoom out was a successful fix.
Method 3: Kodi Accessibility Zoom
If neither of the above methods did the trick for you, and you experience the problem only in Kodi, then this last method just may be the winner. A long shot ranks above no shot at all, eh? For Kodi, follow the directions below to fix Firestick Accessibility Zoom.
- To start, go into the Settings (gear icon) on the Kodi home screen. Even zoomed in as far as Kodi will go, you can just make out the gear icon in the top left corner.
- Then, choose Interface Settings within the Settings menu.
- Now, you may only see the Zoom item on the right with no number or up/down arrows. That’s okay; select Zoom.
- Use the center button in the ring to adjust it. If it zooms in farther, don’t fret. Either tap the left or right side of the ring once to enter zoom out mode, or just keep going. It will get to 30% magnification, then stop getting more zoomed in as it jumps to -30% magnification. The setting cycles around. If you just keep going, then you’ll see what I mean.
- Once you reach 0%, you have a full view again.
Thanks For Tuning In
I Hope We Helped!
If you had trouble with this process, or none of these methods worked for you, please feel free to ask questions or let us know in the comments. You can also check out the official KFire TV YouTube Channel. You’ll find answers to this along with a lot more tips and tricks for your Kodi Firestick!
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.