This tutorial shows you how to perform the Fire Stick hack process, which takes about 5 minutes (including Streaming App install). Enjoy all the links in this post that take you to install tutorials for other great Streaming TV & Movie apps for Firestick!
Here are the 4 streaming apps you’ll know how to install after reading this article:
Immediately below is a summary of the Firestick hack procedure. Below that is the full step-by-step tutorial to hack your Fire Stick (and install the best Streaming TV apps).
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (220.127.116.11) now.
Summary of Fire Stick Hack Process
Basically, to hack Fire Stick we must first enable the Firestick to be hacked by turning on Apps From Unknown Sources.
- There’s a faster version of the Fire Stick Hack process: Firestick Kodi install using a direct-downloader app
- For a super-easy-to-install Kodi alternative, check out Terrarium TV or Mobdro.
- Check out the latest Kodi builds that work great on Firestick and Fire TV.
Why Fire TV Hacking is Important
Amazon Firesitck & Fire TV and the Fire Stick are two most popular media streaming devices currently available on the market. It allows you to stream your favorite content from the internet directly. You can do this by just connecting your Fire stick with the Amazon Fire TV. After this, you need to install Kodi app on Firestick to start streaming your favorite content as well as install applications on it.
- “Hacking” the Amazon Fire TV is simply enabling third party apps to be installed.
- But the Firestick apps we install after we hack Fire Stick are the coolest feature available on the Fire Stick (apps like Kodi, Terrarium TV, Show Box, Mobdro).
However, not everyone knows that you can do the Fire stick hack process to stream great content for free rather than paying a considerable amount of money as a cable bill. Recently, third party alternatives to Kodi have sprung up in the midst of the TVAddons-gone-missing ordeal.
Third Party Streaming Apps Like Kodi
These third party Kodi alternatives allow the free streaming of content on an Amazon Fire TV. However, since the Fire stick device is based on the Android OS, there are many Fire Stick hacks that you can perform to ensure using the Kodi application to enjoy free streaming.
Important: It is unlawful to stream copyrighted works. The methods on this page are for educational purposes, or to stream / download public domain movies & TV shows.
The Kodi application allows you to stream content from your computer on to the big screen TV as well as allows you to stream content directly from the internet. In case you are worried about damaging your warranty on the device, you should ensure that you use a VPN to access the Amazon network.
Let us quickly go through the steps on how to perform Fire Stick hack to install the Kodi application on it.
Fire Stick Hack – See how to hack your fire stick to enjoy free streaming
You need to perform the below steps in the given sequence to make this hack work.
Step 1: Turn on your Fire Stick / Fire TV
Once you have inserted your fire stick into a Smart TV or have started your Fire TV, you are ready to perform the steps mentioned ahead. In case there is even a slightly loose connection, you might not be able to access the Fire Stick on your TV. Hence, make sure that all connections are tight enough.
Step 2: Install and Run Kodi
Since we are going to side-load Kodi (install it via an external source and not the app store), you need to give the Fire Stick interface a special permission to install applications via other sources. To do this
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Go to Settings,
- Choose System,
- Choose Developer Options,
- Enable both ADB Bugging as well as Apps from Unknown sources,
- In case the Fire Stick asks for confirmation, do not worry and turn on the feature.
These are critical steps, and you won’t be able to install Kodi on your device without following these steps.
The steps below require an Android phone. If you don’t have an Android phone, then use our more current tutorial “Install Kodi on Firestick” UPDATED guide (no PC or phone required).
Step 3: Install AdbFire
- This is another one of the crucial steps that allow you to establish a connection between the Fire Stick and your computer. You need to install this application on your computer. The application is available for all the different OS platforms such as Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- A simple search on Google will take you to the official website of AdbFire, which will give you a link to download the latest version of the application on your computer.
Step 4: Setup AdbFire
To connect your computer with the Fire Stick, you need to make some changes in the profile of the application.
- Create a new profile to establish a connection between your computer and your TV.
- Add a description with any name that you prefer. It is advisable to add your Fire Stick with the name “Fire Stick” in the description so that you can locate the profile easily the next time you open the application.
- Now add your Fire Stick address in the Address bar available on the application. You can find the Fire Stick address by going to
- Network, on your Fire Stick device.
- Make sure that you select “Kodi” as your Media Center option as well as tick the “FireTV Updates on” option to connect the AdbFire to your Fire Stick.
Step 5: Installation of Kodi Application
- Download the Kodi application apk from the official Kodi website. A simple good search will redirect you to the desired website instantly.
- Make sure that you install an ARM version of the application for an Android Fire Stick. In case you download any other version, the chances are that it will not function properly.
Step 6: Download the Kodi Add-Ons
- Kodi Add-Ons are installed to ensure that you can quickly stream online content as well as offline content directly from your computer. You can find several thousand Kodi Add-ons available for free download on the internet.
- You will need to download the .zip files for these add-ons on your computer before transmitting them to the Fire Stick.
Step 7: Send the Add-ons to your Fire Stick
- Now you must use the adb push command to send the add-ons to your Fire TV Stick.
- You must use command prompt on your computer to send the adb over WiFi network.
- After that, you see a list of available connected devices once you start your command prompt. Enter the code for pushing the add-ons over the network.
- You can get a general idea of the code required by simply Googling “Push adb command” and referring the first link from Android Authority.
Step 8: Launch Kodi on your Fire stick
You will not be able to access Kodi over your home menu; hence, you need to follow the below-given steps instead. Go to,
- Manage installed applications,
- Launch application.
Step 9: Install the downloaded Add-ons
To install the necessary add-ons to the Fire Stick, you can go to,
- Add ons,
- Install from zip file,
- External Storage,
- Then select your Download folder (The one where you saved the .zip files on your computer)
Once you select the Add-on to be installed, all you need to do is wait for some time to install the add-on (generally happens in a few seconds). Once you have installed the add-on, it will be available on the Kodi home screen for access.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
In case you have problems with the Fire Stick hack above (or the Kodi Firestick install process in general, which you shouldn’t), then you can install alternative applications. These third party streaming apps like Kodi give you similar (and even better in some cases) performance for streaming online content. You can easily install any of these Kodi alternatives using the tutorials I made for each one:
- Show Box,
- Terrarium TV, or
- Mobdro using free Firestick apps available through the Amazon app store and third party app stores.
Make sure you do leave a comment on the KFireTV Facebook page when you install Kodi successfully using this trick.