This tutorial shows you how to perform the Firestick hack process, which takes about 5 minutes (including Streaming App install). Enjoy all the links in this post that take you to install tutorials for other great Streaming TV & Movie apps for Firestick!
Here are the 4 streaming apps you’ll know how to install after reading this article:
Immediately below is a summary of the Firestick hack procedure.
Below is the full step-by-step tutorial to hack your Firestick (and install the best Streaming TV apps).
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Summary of Firestick Hack Process
Basically, to hack Firestick we must first enable the Firestick to be hacked by turning on Apps From Unknown Sources.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- There’s a faster version of the Firestick Hack process: Firestick Kodi install using a direct-downloader app
- For a super-easy-to-install Kodi alternative, check out Terrarium TV or Mobdro.
- Check out the latest Kodi builds that work great on Firestick and Fire TV.
Why Fire TV Hacking is Important
Amazon Firestick & Fire TV and the Firestick are the two most popular media streaming devices currently available on the market. It allows you to stream your favorite content from the internet directly. You can do this by just connecting your Firestick with the Amazon Fire TV. After this, you need to install the Kodi app on Firestick to start streaming your favorite content as well as install applications on it.
- “Hacking” the Amazon Fire TV is simply enabling third-party apps to be installed.
- But the Firestick apps we install after we hack Firestick are the coolest feature available on the Firestick (apps like Kodi, Terrarium TV, Show Box, Mobdro).
However, not everyone knows that you can do the Firestick hack process to stream great content for free rather than paying a considerable amount of money as a cable bill. Recently, third-party alternatives to Kodi have sprung up in the midst of the TVAddons-gone-missing ordeal.
Third-Party Streaming Apps Like Kodi
These third-party Kodi alternatives allow the free streaming of content on an Amazon Fire TV. However, since the Firestick device is based on the Android OS, there are many Firestick hacks that you can perform to ensure using the Kodi application to enjoy free streaming.
Important: It is unlawful to stream copyrighted works. The methods on this page are for educational purposes, or to stream/download public domain movies & TV shows.
The Kodi application allows you to stream content from your computer onto the big screen TV as well as allows you to stream content directly from the internet. In case you are worried about damaging your warranty on the device, you should ensure that you use a VPN to access the Amazon network.
Let us quickly go through the steps on how to perform a Firestick hack to install the Kodi application on it.
Firestick Hack – See how to hack your Firestick to enjoy free streaming
You need to perform the below steps in the given sequence to make this hack work.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Step 1: Turn on your Firestick / Fire TV
Once you have inserted your Firestick into a Smart TV or have started your Fire TV, you are ready to perform the steps mentioned ahead. In case there is even a slightly loose connection, you might not be able to access the Firestick on your TV. Hence, make sure that all connections are tight enough.
Step 2: Install and Run Kodi
Since we are going to side-load Kodi (install it via an external source and not the app store), you need to give the Firestick interface special permission to install applications via other sources. To do this
- Go to Settings,
- Choose System,
- Choose Developer Options,
- Enable both ADB Bugging as well as Apps from Unknown sources,
- In case the Firestick asks for confirmation, do not worry and turn on the feature.
These are critical steps, and you won’t be able to install Kodi on your device without following these steps.
Step 3: Install AdbFire
- This is another one of the crucial steps that allow you to establish a connection between the Firestick and your computer. You need to install this application on your computer. The application is available for all the different OS platforms such as Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- A simple search on Google will take you to the official website of AdbFire, which will give you a link to download the latest version of the application on your computer.
Step 4: Setup AdbFire
To connect your computer with the Firestick, you need to make some changes to the profile of the application.
- Create a new profile to establish a connection between your computer and your TV.
- Add a description with any name that you prefer. It is advisable to add your Firestick with the name “Firestick” in the description so that you can locate the profile easily the next time you open the application.
- Now add your Firestick address in the Address bar available on the application. You can find the Firestick address by going to
- Network, on your Firestick device.
- Make sure that you select “Kodi” as your Media Center option as well as tick the “FireTV Updates on” option to connect the AdbFire to your Firestick.
Step 5: Installation of Kodi Application
- Download the Kodi application apk from the official Kodi website. A simple good search will redirect you to the desired website instantly.
- Make sure that you install an ARM version of the application for an Android Firestick. In case you download any other version, the chances are that it will not function properly.
Step 6: Download the Kodi Add-Ons
- Kodi Add-Ons are installed to ensure that you can quickly stream online content as well as offline content directly from your computer. You can find several thousand Kodi Add-ons available for free download on the internet.
- You will need to download the .zip files for these add-ons on your computer before transmitting them to the Firestick.
Step 7: Send the Add-ons to your Firestick
- Now you must use the ADB push command to send the add-ons to your Fire TV Stick.
- You must use the command prompt on your computer to send the ADB over the WiFi network.
- After that, you see a list of available connected devices once you start your command prompt. Enter the code for pushing the add-ons over the network.
- You can get a general idea of the code required by simply Googling the “Push adb command” and referring to the first link from Android Authority.
Step 8: Launch Kodi on your Firestick
You will not be able to access Kodi over your home menu; hence, you need to follow the below-given steps instead. Go to,
- Manage installed applications,
- Launch application.
Step 9: Install the downloaded Add-ons
To install the necessary add-ons to the Firestick, you can go to,
- Add ons,
- Install from zip file,
- External Storage,
- Then select your Download folder (The one where you saved the .zip files on your computer)
Once you select the Add-on to be installed, all you need to do is wait for some time to install the add-on (which generally happens in a few seconds). Once you have installed the add-on, it will be available on the Kodi home screen for access.
In case you have problems with the Firestick hack above (or the Kodi Firestick install process in general, which you shouldn’t), then you can install alternative applications. These third-party streaming apps like Kodi give you similar (and even better in some cases) performance for streaming online content. You can easily install any of these Kodi alternatives using the tutorials I made for each one. Let’s take a look at them.
Show Box is another android application that streams free movies and TV shows. The service has more than 10 million users and is downloaded by approximately 300,000 users a month. Furthermore, the streaming experience on the Show Box is also seamless. What makes it a good alternative to Kodi is that it has over 10,000 video libraries and the app adds new content regularly. Moreover, the application offers options like “View Later” and “Add to favorites” which are usually not available on such platforms. Let’s take a look at its installation process.
First Step: Install The Downloader
Apps like Kodi and Showbox are not available on the Google Play Store because these apps do not comply with certain regulations. Hence, in order to download them, firestick users would have to install a third-party downloader. But since the downloader app itself is not available on the Play Store, you would have to allow installation from unknown sources. Here is how you can install it:
- Open the setting from the Fire TV home screen which is on the top right corner of the menu.
- Click on the device and open the developer options.
- Check or turn on Allow Installation from unknown sources and press “Yes” to confirm it.
- Go back to the Home screen and select the search icon which is on the top left corner.
- Search for “Downloader” and select the word by moving down via the down button on the remote. Press the center button to perform the research.
- Several results would appear but to narrow it down select the “Apps & Games”. You would see the icon of the Downloader application.
- Press the center button again to get the application. This will begin the installation of the downloader.
- As the process is completed the “Get” button would change to “open. Pressing it would lead to the new screen.
Second Step: Installation of Aptoide Using Downloader
Even after downloading the downloader, you would not be able to download the show box directly on the firestick. Hence, another application called Aptoide would have to be installed. This is a third-party app store for Firestick that has tons of unlicensed applications. Some might ask, did we not download the Aptoide in the first place? You cannot do that because apart from the downloader there is no other way to download it. The following steps need to be followed to download Aptoide:
- Open the downloader application and dismiss if there are any welcome messages.
- Ensure that HTTP:// is selected, it would be underlined in orange.
- Enter the address http://bit.ly/a323kftv using the onscreen keyboard and press enter. It will lead you to the APK file of the Aptoide TV.
- Download the application using the downloader by clicking on the “Go” option on the onscreen keyboard.
- As the application is downloaded, the installation process would be launched automatically. Firestick will ask for permission to install it. You have to allow it and wait for the Aptoide to install.
- Once the installation is completed. You can use this third-party app store to install whichever app you want.
Step Three: Use The Aptoide To Install Showbox
- Once the installation is complete the Aptoide would appear on the home screen as well. In case it does not appear, you can launch the application from the “Manage Installed Applications” in the settings.
- As the app is launched, search for “Show Box” and install it. The show box would also be available on the home screen now.
Step Four: Install the CetusPlay to control the Show Box
Now that the show box is installed you can watch TV shows, movies, and documentaries for free. But navigating between the options via remote control is a nuisance and fortunately, we have a solution to that as well. CetusPlay is a virtual mouse that makes it super easy to navigate between the different options of Showbox. Best part? It is available on both android and iOS app stores.
- Installation of CetusPlay is a two-part process. First, you have to install it on the device which you want to use to control the application. Second, the app is installed into Firestick as well for seamless integration. So,
- Install the CetusPlay on the smart device.
- Open the app and click on the manage connection option. You would see the icon of a Smart TV or Firestick device.
- Clicking on it would open a new setup that will install CetusPlay on the firestick as well.
- Go to the CetusPlay home screen and select “Remote” this will lead you to a pop-up where you can turn on CetusPlay “mouse mode”.
- This will let you use smart devices like smartphones and tablets as a mouse which will make navigation much easier.
The tutorial for the other two Kodi alternatives can be read by clicking on the given links. Terrarium TV, or Mobdro uses free Firestick apps available through the Amazon app store and third-party app stores.
Make sure you do leave a comment on the KFireTV Facebook page when you install Kodi successfully using this trick.
- 1 Summary of Firestick Hack Process
- 2 Why Fire TV Hacking is Important
- 3 Third-Party Streaming Apps Like Kodi
- 4 Firestick Hack – See how to hack your Firestick to enjoy free streaming
- 4.1 Step 1: Turn on your Firestick / Fire TV
- 4.2 Step 2: Install and Run Kodi
- 4.3 Step 3: Install AdbFire
- 4.4 Step 4: Setup AdbFire
- 4.5 Step 5: Installation of Kodi Application
- 4.6 Step 6: Download the Kodi Add-Ons
- 4.7 Step 7: Send the Add-ons to your Firestick
- 4.8 Step 8: Launch Kodi on your Firestick
- 4.9 Step 9: Install the downloaded Add-ons
- 5 Kodi Alternatives