Fire stick frozen? Having playback issues? Don’t you hate it when your Fire Stick just freezes in the middle of something? Even worse, when you are about to watch something on Kodi / Netflix or play a game, but the device is just numbly stuck?
Even a device as nice and well-built like the Fire Stick can actually drop and freeze from time to time. This particular article will help you troubleshoot the issue and hopefully get you up and running with your Fire Stick as quickly as possible!
Table of Contents
How to Fix Fire Stick Frozen:
1. Power-Cycle your Fire Stick
- In most cases, simply disconnecting and reconnecting your Fire Stick will be a flexible and effective way to get your device to work again as normal. Even Amazon itself recommends attempting this procedure, as per their official troubleshooting guidelines.
There are other ways you can actually restart your Fire Stick device and have more control over the process.
2. Reset your Fire Stick to Default Settings using Remote
- For example, you can reset your Fire Stick by holding the “Select” and “Play” buttons at the same time for a few seconds (generally 2 to 5 seconds should be enough)
If you perform this very, very simple procedure correctly, you will be able to see a message in the Fire TV display, which will shut down and reboot shortly thereafter, allowing you to restart the device seamlessly, without the hassle of having to unplug and reconnect your Fire Stick.
To reset your Fire Stick to Factory Default Settings, do this:
- Go to the Settings area of your Fire Stick or Fire TV
- Find “Reset to Factory Defaults” or “Restor to Factory Default Settings”
- Select the “Reset” / “Restore” button
- Wait for the Fire Stick to reset to factory defaults
- You will then need to “re-login” to your Amazon account or “re-register” the device to your Amazon account.
- If you had Kodi installed, you will also need to re-install Kodi on Fire Stick.
If you have Kodi buffering issues, use our buffering fix guide.
Fire TV Buffering?
Also, should you have Fire TV buffering issues (in general), we have a guide for that too.
Un-Freeze Fire Stick
It is actually really easy to un-freeze your Fire Stick, and you should be able to enjoy your content in no time by following the methods described above.
- We would recommend trying a reboot as described in this articles, before actually unplugging the device.
- If your FireStick freezes on startup, then you will probably need to Reset your FireStick to Factory Default Settings using the steps mentioned above.
On the other hand, if you indeed prefer to simply unplug and reconnect your Fire Stick, by all means go ahead with the process, because it is definitely not harmful for your device, your content or your TV.
Wrap Up & Troubleshooting
If for some reason, you still can’t get your device to work, it is highly recommended to contact your friendly Amazon customer service people: they might be able to help you solve the problem and offer you the assistance you need.
Most of the time, when you have a Fire Stick Frozen issue, it’s related to server problems for whatever App you’re using. This is most common with Kodi, since Kodi’s sources are globally-maintained. So if you’re having Kodi connection issues (or “No stream available” issues), then simply try some different servers (or “Sources” as they’re called in Kodi.
But other apps like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and Showbox can also have significant freezing problems when trying to stream TV and movies and normal resolutions.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.