Besides showing you how to extract APK files from your Amazon Firestick, this article will also show you how to install Homebrew on Mac, how to install ADB on Mac, and how to connect to Firestick on Mac via ADB.
First, go to the Utilities folder on your mac and open the Terminal app.
Extract APK From Amazon Firestick or Fire TV
After Terminal is open follow these steps to continue extracting APK from your Amazon Firestick:
- Install Homebrew on Mac by pasting Homebrew’s code into the Terminal window: /usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
- Install ADB on Mac by running the following command after installing Homebrew: “brew cask install android-platform-tools”.
- Restart Firestick (make sure ADB debugging is enabled before restarting)
- Connect to Firestick through ADB using command line with the steps provided by Amazon.
Once that’s done, you can finish extracting the APK files with the following steps:
- Install the app on your Firestick through the Amazon Appstore.
- Connect to your Firestick through ADB as shown in previous steps.
- From here you can run two different commands:
- This command will list all of your installed apps: pm list packages -3 -f
- And this command will show all apps: pm list packages -f
- Find the app you’d like to transfer on the list and copy the text between the colon and the equal sign.
- Example: package:packagenamehere=com.mojang.minecraftpe
- Type and run command: exit
- Copy the app’s APK file to your computer with the following command: pull packagenamehere
- Make sure you replace “packagenamehere” with the package name you pulled in previous steps.
- Now you can sideload the file from your computer onto the Amazon Firestick!
After you extract the APK file from your Firestick or Fire TV, I recommend you upload the APK to a public cloud storage site (like Archive.org). Then you can use a URL shortener like bit.ly to make a nice short URL you (and optionally, others) can use to download the APK from any device.
Now you have everything you need to extract APK from your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV!