This article shows you How to Install Emulators for Fire TV, such as SNES, N64, and Sega.
- 0.1 Fire TV Emulator Quick-Jump Links:
- 0.2 How to Install Emulators for Fire TV
- 0.3 List of Emulators for Fire TV
- 0.4 List of Games for Fire TV Emulators
- 0.5 How to Install Emulators on Fire TV Stick
- 1 Best Emulators for Fire TV:
- 2 N64
- 3 SNES
- 4 PS1
- 5 GBA
- 6 NES
- 7 MULTI
- 8 MAME
- 9 Dreamcast
- 10 PSP
- 11 Sega
- 12 N64 Games that DO work with Emulators for Fire TV:
Fire TV Emulator Quick-Jump Links:
(Jump to the main areas of this article quickly ;)
(See video at the top of this post or click here to watch on YouTube)
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (184.108.40.206).
VIDEO: How to Sideload Kodi (or ANY app) to Firestick
You’ll need to use this video to Sideload ES File Explorer (the app) to your Firestick. This video actually shows you how to sideload KODI – but you can use this same process to sideload ES File Explorer instead.
After you sideload ES File Explorer to your Fire TV, you can then follow the steps in the “Install Mario Kart 64” Video above. Cheers.
How to Install Emulators on Fire TV Stick
- iOS users try the Sideloader for Fire TV app on iTunes (which is cheaper than buying an Android phone to sideload your apps).
- Install RetroArch on your Android phone
- Install AGK Fire on your Android phone
- On your Android phone, open AGK Fire, enter your Firestick’s IP address into AGK Fire, and then click on RetroArch in your list of apps. Then press “Install on W.X.Y.Z”. This will sideload Retroarch (or other emulator) to your Fire TV.
- On your FireTV, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Downloaded Applications > RetroArch > Open.
- In RetroArch, go to “Load Content (Detect Core)”, then browse to the folder on your FireTV where your games are stored. RetroArch contains all the emulators for Fire TV you’ll ever need (Nintendo 64, SNES, Sega, PSP, PSX, etc – see full list of Emulators for Fire TV below.)
- Once your emulators are installed, check out our guide on Fire TV Game Controllers and grab a decent gamepad.
Looking for ROMs? We don’t have theme here. But we can tell you that search engines are usually the best way to find things on the Internets. See google.com for that kind of thing.
Or better yet – you could buy the actual Super Mario Kart for SNES game cartridge from Amazon for $37.
Best Emulators for Fire TV:
Mario Kart 64
ALL known SNES ROMs are compatible with FireTV!
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
All known GBA Games are compatible with Fire TV
All known NES Games are compatible with FireStick and FireTV
NES, SNES, N64, PSX, PSP, GBA, MAME, and more.
Too many to list here. See MameDB.com for a list of MAME games for FireTV.
Too many to list.
Too many to list.
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega CD, and Master System/Mark III
Too many to list.
Best ‘Other‘ Systems Emulated by FireStick
The Fire TV emulator info in this section was provided by atone. Thanks atone!
This is our list of the best “other” retro gaming consoles that FireStick / FireTV can emulate well. Check them out – download some APKs, and start gaming!
- Emu: nds4droid
- Atari5200 jxd a5200
- Atari7800 jxd a7800
- Retroarch can run some SegaGenesis32x games like StarWarsArcade32x, too!
There are at least a few more interesting classic game emulators that work well on the FireStick / FireTV, but these are the best ones.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
Best Emulators that are NOT playable or possible with a FireTV
- PS2 (Playstation 2), PS3 (Playstation 3), PS4 (Playstation 4)
- Future pinball & VisualPinmame
- Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One
- ..and multiplayer capability in some emulators eg. AmigaUAE4all, Atari 5200, C64,a few others.
Do N64 Games Play on FireTV?
This is a 2-part answer: Most of them – No. Some of them – Yes.
Why Do Most N64 Games Not Play Well on FireStick?
The Nintendo 64 had some pretty decent graphics which are difficult to render at any acceptable speed on a FireStick. Therefore, some Nintendo 64 games work on FireTV and most do not. One of the games we tested that did work quite well (to our pleasant surprise) was Mario Kart 64. I was able to actually play the game with an OUYA Wireless Controller.
How to Improve FireStick Emulator Performance
Since the N64 actually had a decent graphics rendering platform, it’s tough to get FireStick to play some N64 games. You can do a thing or two to maximize the performance you get from your FireTV to make sure your games play as fast as they can. Keep reading to find out how.
The FireStick running N64 emulators will produce lots of heat. So you may want to use a USB mini fan to blow some of the heat away from the FireTV unit. If you don’t use a fan, your FireStick could constantly be overheating, which results in very poor performance and sometimes complete failure / resetting of the unit.
N64 Games that DO work with Emulators for Fire TV:
We tested a few handfuls of N64 games on the FireTV stick using the RetroArch emulator. These are the ones that worked. Most notably, Mario Kart 64 worked!
- MarioKart64 (works well – audio stutters occasionally)
- This favorite will actually play using RetroArch on a FireStick.
- Starfox64 (works well – jitters occasionally)
- Duke Nukem 64 (audio jitters occasionally, but framerate is fast)
- Bomberman Hero (Seems slow, but works!)
- Yoshi’s Story (Audio jitters, but game is playable)
N64 Games that do NOT work with Emulators for Fire TV:
- Bomberman The Second Attack (Won’t start)
- Diddy Kong Racing (Won’t start)
- Mario Party (Too slow)
- Mario Party 2 (Too slow)
- Super Smash Bros (FPS too low)
- Goldeneye (FPS too low)
- Bomberman 64 (Does not start)
- Blast Corps – Exits the ROM using Mupen64plus
Need a Game Controller for Fire TV?
Check out our Fire TV Game Controller Compatibility Guide.
Honorable Mentions for Kodi FireTV Emulators:
- MD.emu for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega CD, and Master System/Mark III
- Happy Chick Emulator for Nintendo DS
- GBC.emu for Gameboy Color
Additional Resources for Emulators for Fire TV: