When it comes to streaming anime shows, you don’t have to search very long before you start seeing mentions of the Crunchyroll streaming app. And if you didn’t know better, you would say they pretty much own the anime streaming business. While other streaming apps focus on movies, family dramas, TV series, sports, and others genres or niches, Crunchyroll is an online megastore housing a massive collection of anime, manga, and cartoons. Best of all, it’s easy to get Crunchyroll on Firestick and Roku. And with this much anime available for streaming, it’s hard to think of a reason not to.
Crunchyroll allows you to stream premium and exclusive anime content all from one giant streaming service. It also has a mammoth following of over 43 million anime lovers, keeping them all entertained with non-stop limitless anime. There’s no extra cost to stream Crunchyroll on Firestick, Roku, or any other streaming device you prefer.
Crunchyroll Plans and Features
Aside from the awesome array of free content Crunchyroll on Firestick offers, you also have the option of streaming exclusive content from this holy grail of anime via three different paid plans that offer tons of extra features, all well worth the price for hardcore fans.
Crunchyroll Free Plan
We love a high-quality streaming app with a free plan; it’s a rare and beautiful thing. While the free plan for Crunchyroll on Firestick is a great option for casual anime lovers, it probably won’t quite be enough for more dedicated fans. But who can complain about free? Here’s what to expect with the free plan for Crunchyroll on Firestick and Roku:
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- Good for casual anime watchers
- Standard or basic definition (480p) videos
- It has lots of ads, sometimes in the middle of shows
- New episodes are not available immediately
Fan Premium Plan
Want a little bit more from your anime experience? We don’t blame you. The Fan premium plan offers some basic improvements to your experience streaming Crunchyroll on Firestick and Roku. Here’s what’s included with Crunchyroll’s most basic paid plan:
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Access simulcasts and all of Crunchyroll’s anime, manga, and dramas
- All ads are removed
- Watch Crunchyroll on Firestick in full HD (720p or 1080p)
- This plan costs only $7.99 per month with a free 14-day trial
- Watch new episodes as soon as they come out
- Only one concurrent stream is allowed from your account (not great if you plan to share)
Mega Fan Premium Plan
Now we’re getting into aficionado territory. You will have a much better anime streaming experience with this plan. If you watch Crunchyroll on Firestick or Roku with the Mega Fan plan, you get all the perks that come with the basic Fan plan with a few notable extras thrown in.
- You can run up to four concurrent streams
- You get gain the ability to download anime shows to stream offline
- Crunchyroll gives you a $15 discount on any one-time purchase of $100 in their store every 3 months
- This subscription will cost you $9.99 a month with a free 14-day free trial
Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well. This plan is for anyone who considers themselves a true diehard anime fan. the Ultimate plan tier gives you all the benefits of subscribing to the Fan and Mega Fan packages together, plus so much more:
- You get a special swag bag from Crunchyroll
- You get an exclusive limited-run Hime Nendroid figure
- Crunchyroll gives you a $25 discount off any one-off purchases of $100 from their stores every 3 months
- This subscription plan costs $14.99 per month, with a free 14-day trial
Best Anime Shows for Crunchyroll on Firestick
If, somehow, your new to Crunchyroll, you may be wondering what to expect from the platform. Obviously there’s way more on the platform than we can adequately discuss in this article, but here are a few of our personal favorites shows you’ll find waiting for you with Crunchyroll on Firestick and Roku. If your new to anime, these shows might also be a good place to start your journey!
- Attack on Titan
This is an anime classic that no one should miss. The experience emotional, challenging, and sometimes terrifying. The show starts us off in a fantasy backdrop and asks us the question, “What if humans weren’t the top of the food chain?” From that starting point, you’re dropped into a beautifully rendered world with characters that come to life. Don’t miss it.
- Demon Slayer
From its modest but fascinating beginning, it has exploded into one of the most popular anime shows of the last several years. With an emotional range that moves from explosive to deeply emotional, it pulls you deep into its world. There was no way we could leave it off our list.
- Devilman Cry Baby
Lo, demons now walk the earth! What’s more they can join in unholy union with human hosts. One such human, joins himself with a demon to become Devilman. Sound awesome? That’s because it is awesome. Get your 101 course on anime demonology here.
- Hunter x Hunter
For those who watched the fantastic Yu Yu Hakusho, this is another great anime show you can watch as a follow-up. It is a superbly cast and well-animated show adapted from the manga, and builds on classic shonen storytelling style. This a masterpiece of the genre and one of the best things you can stream with Crunchyroll on Firestick or Roku.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Firestick
It could not be easier to get Crunchyroll on Firestick. Since this is an official app, there’s no need to sideload anything. You’ll be up and running in no time.
To download and install Crunchyroll on Firestick, follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen of your Firestick device, click on the search button/space to enter text
- While the cursor blinks in the search field, enter the word “Crunchyroll” and wait for a list of options to appear
- Now, a new page will appear, displaying various apps (relating to the Crunchyroll app), select and click on the Crunchyroll app
- Click on the official Crunchyroll app (likely the first result), then click on Get to download and install the app on your Firestick device
- Now, you will see a display/animation telling you the app is installing (wait for the installation process to complete)
- The installation process will be over in a few minutes, and you can click on the Crunchyroll app that should now appear on your Home screen to open the app
- After the installation is done, you’ll need to register an account and pick a plan. You will have to LOG IN to continue with a subscription, or you can begin a FREE TRIAL mode through the selection box, or skip the whole process and explore by choosing the SKIP AND EXPLORE button
How to Install Crunchyroll on Roku
- On your Roku device, enter and select the Search Channels option button
- With the aid of the onscreen keyboard, type out the word “Crunchyroll”. It will bring up a list of related apps
- Select the Crunchyroll app (look for the Crunchyroll logo). This takes you to another screen/page
- On the next screen, click on the Add Channel button on the right side of the screen
- Installing/adding the app on your Roku device will take a minute or so, go to the bathroom or eat a cookie
- Once the installation is complete, a pop-up notification will appear. You should click ‘OK’ to complete
- After you’ve completed the installation, you should open the Crunchyroll app and Log in or link the app to your Crunchyroll account
Crunchyroll and VPN
You will need to use a VPN to protect/shield your IP if you want to use Crunchyroll on Firestick or Roku in a country or region it does not support. While Crunchyroll on Firestick is not supported in all regions of the world (a lot of its content is region-blocked only for certain countries), you can hide your traffic or switch regions online with the use of a VPN, allowing you to access content that may be restricted where you live. And Crunchyroll on Firestick works well with most VPNs.
Not many people know that VPNs are a great hack that allows you to get extra free content without ever having to jailbreak your Firestick or download 3rd party free streaming apps. You can get free, blocked content on paid streaming apps like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and YouTube that is currently being kept from you!
Paid subscription streaming sites will block certain content depending on where you are. Downloading a VPN like IPVanish will allow you to trick streaming services into thinking that you’re streaming from different regions, thus unlocking region-blocked content! If you’re paying for a service, we think you should get everything that the service offers.
In fact, there are tons of great benefits of using a VPN that most people don’t know about. If this sounds like it would improve your streaming life (and it’s definitely improved ours), use our link to get our reader discount on the best, most reliable VPN available.
How to get IPVanish for Crunchyroll on Firestick
- Using any device, search the IPVanish official website and create an account (use our link to get a discount for our readers)
- Now on your Firestick, go to the home screen
- Click and select on the search tab
- Type in IPVanish
- Select it from the search results
- Click on the IPVanish app icon
- Click on the Get button or the Download button
- Open the app and enter your credentials (username and password)
- Once logged in, select the country of your choice (the US or anywhere else), and use the best default for both city and server
- Click Connect
Crunchyroll is one of the best apps you can use to stream anime shows and tons of other content. If you’re a fan looking for a fix, then this is absolutely the service for you. Check it out and let us know what your favorite Crunchyroll show is in the comments!
- 1 Crunchyroll Plans and Features
- 2 Best Anime Shows for Crunchyroll on Firestick
- 3 How to Install Crunchyroll on Firestick
- 4 How to Install Crunchyroll on Roku
- 5 Crunchyroll and VPN
- 6 Conclusion