This guide shows you how to setup Couchpotato Mac so you can quickly and easily stream / download movies and TV shows to your Macbook, Macbook Pro, or Mac computer.
Step 1: Download Couchpotato
First we download Couch Potato. The official Couchpotato download website is https://couchpota.to, but I had trouble downloading Couchpotato from there. So I ended up using Filehorse‘s Couchpotato download site. Or use the download link here: https://split.to/cpmac. Either way, here’s how to download Couchpotato for Mac:
- Open your web browser and browse to https://couchpota.to/ (if the download fails, then use the Filehorse link mentioned just above)
- Then press the “OSX” button to begin the download
- Wait for the file to download (it may take awhile to download.. for me it took about 15 minutes)
Now we install CouchPotato. Proceed to Step 2 below to install Couch Potato on Mac.
Step 2: Install Couchpotato Mac
- Click on the downloaded file to launch the Couchpotato zipfile, which should be at the bottom-left corner of your browser window (in the Downloads area)
- After the CouchPotato zip file opens in the Mac “Finder” app, open the “CouchPotato” item
Step 3: Setup Couchpotato Mac
Now we actually setup and configure Couchpotato.
Alternatives to Couch Potato Mac
- TeaTV (not working the last time I checked, but may now be working)
- Run Android and/or Firestick apps by using Bluestacks Android emulator for Mac
How do I start CouchPotato?
To start CouchPotato, launch the “CouchPotato” item in Finder.
What is CouchPotato?
Couch Potato is an app for Mac, Windows and Linux which lets you download movies and TV shows.
How do I install CouchPotato on Windows?
To install CouchPotato on Windows, start by downloading Couchpotato for Windows. Then launch the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
What is Sonarr and Radarr?
Sonarr and Radarr are similar to CouchPotato but different.
Sickbeard and Sickrage are also related to Couchpotato.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.