This tutorial shows you how to perform the CetusPlay Kodi install process, which will install Kodi on FireStick for you and give you mouse control from your Android smartphone.
How to Install CetusPlay on Firestick / Fire TV (aka CetusPlay Kodi Install)
- Enable ADB debugging on FireStick
- In Google Play Store, install Kodi on your Android smartphone / tablet or iOS device (or other non-FireStick Android device)
- Now, in the Google Play Store, install CetusPlay on your Android or iPhone / iPad
- After CetusPlay launches, press Manage Connections.
- Then press the icon of your Firestick or Fire TV, which says “Smart TV” or “Fire TV”.
- Wait for CetusPlay to install on Firestick / FireTV.
- After it’s done, enter the 4-digit code that displays on your TV into your smartphone / tablet. (In the old CetusPlay app, we had to Connect CetusPlay to FireStick by entering FireStick IP address into CetusPlay)
- In CetusPlay, press the main menu button (in the top left corner)
- Then select “App center“. From the App center, you can 1-click Install the best streaming apps for Firestick in a flash!
- You’re almost done. Use the steps below to install Kodi on Firestick with CetusPlay.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with CetusPlay
Now that you have CetusPlay installed on Firestick / Fire TV, it’s super simple to install Kodi on Firestick. Here’s how:
- In the CetusPlay app’s App center, find the app listing for Kodi
- Press “Install” in the Kodi app listing to begin the Install Kodi on the FireStick process
- After Kodi is installed on FireStick using CetusPlay, press “Open” on the Firestick screen by using the Fire TV remote.
- Kodi now launches.
- You can now use CetusPlay mouse app (built-in) to control Kodi with your smartphone
- Optional: Install more great streaming apps on your Firestick or Fire TV, such as Terrarium TV and Mobdro.
Here’s an Easier Way to Install Kodi
- Install Kodi 2017 Method (Video)
How to Control Kodi with Smartphone via CetusPlay
- The CetusPlay app has a built-in mouse app that allows you to control Kodi from your smartphone. This is particularly useful if you’re in the “I lost my FireStick remote” boat.
- CetusPlay’s mouse feature allows you to Navigate Kodi using D-Pad, the phone’s screen as a touch pad (laptop style), “mouse pad” mode, and even a keyboard (much easier than using Fire TV remote to hunt and peck).
Alternative Mouse Apps for FireStick
- WuKong Remote (no longer developed – but the APK can be found at https://apkpure.com/wukong-tv-remote-kodi-remote/com.wukongtv.wkremote.client.en)
CetusPlay App Details
Updated: January 21, 2017
Installs: Over 50,000
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Current Version is 2.1.0
CetusPlay requires Android OS v3.1 or higher
Published by: CetusPlay Group
Official Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.cetusplay.com/
Download CetusPlay for Phones
There are 2 versions of the CetusPlay app for Android: A version for phones and a version for TV Boxes. You most likely want the Phone version, which can be downloaded here (or download the APK file here).
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
Download CetusPlay for TV Box
Thanks to Bandu for the helpful tip via our Facebook page to write this article on CetusPlay. It’s user suggestions like this that help us give the Kodi community the latest info they need to keep streaming.
CetusPlay is a great way to install Kodi with Android smartphone (aka sideload Kodi) without using Apps2Fire, AGK Fire, or iOS Sideloader for Fire TV for iPhones.
If you have questions, ask on the KFire YouTube Channel.