In this article, I show you the Best Terrarium TV Alternatives for your Amazon Fire TV / Firestick. Why? Because Terrarium TV was shut down by its creator on September 11th, 2018. Or you can install the Terrarium TV Patch, which should work for awhile (but not forever!).
How Do I Install the Best Terrarium TV Alternatives?
There are several ways to install the best alternatives for Terrarium TV. Here are the easiest ways (covered in detail if you scroll down):
- Simply install the Terrarium TV PATCH, which bypasses the “killswitch” added to TTV by the app’s creator.
- Use DroidAdmin (now called “FileLinked”) to install Terrarium TV alternative APKs
- Or use third-party app stores (like Aptoide TV or APKTime) to install APKs on your Firestick
- Finally, you can also use the Downloader app to directly download APKs to your Firestick
Tip: The links in the list above take you directly to the part of this tutorial to show you how to install each Terrarium TV substitute.
Top 5 Best Terrarium TV Alternatives (APKs)
1. Terrarium TV Patched APK
Yes, there is a new version of Terrarium TV (known as the Terrarium TV Patched APK) which removes the “killswitch” added by the creator of Terrarium TV. This version of the Terrarium TV APK simply lets you continue watching Terrarium TV. Use the DroidAdmin code below to install Terrarium TV Patch. Or install Terrarium TV Patch on Firestick by using the shortlink below.
- DroidAdmin code for Terrarium TV Patched APK: 52148754
- Shortlink for Terrarium TV Patch: http://bit.ly/terrariumtvpatched
- Full URL for Terrarium TV Patched APK: https://archive.org/download/ttvpatched/TTVFirestickFireTVpatched.apk
Special Note: I personally tested this Terrarium TV Patch just 5 minutes ago and it TOTALLY WORKS. What do I mean by “tested”? I mean I streamed some movies and TV shows without ANY issues. Enjoy!
2. Freeflix HQ
The Freeflix HQ Firestick app is one of my absolute favorite apps for streaming movies on your Amazon Fire Stick. I highly recommend that you try this app now.
- The DroidAdmin code to install Freeflix on Firestick is this: 52148754
- Or enter the Freeflix HQ shortlink into the Downloader app, which is this: http://bit.ly/freeflixforfirestick
- Finally, if the link directly above does not work for you, then enter the full FreeFlix HQ URL into the Downloader app, which is this: https://archive.org/download/ffhq308/FreeFlix%20HQ-Pro-v3.0.8_build_61-Mod.apk
3. OneBox HD
The OneBox HD APK for Firestick is another Terrarium TV alternative that stands in my Top 5 favorites. It lets you watch movies & TV shows easily & quickly without buffering.
- To install OneBox HD for Firestick using DroidAdmin, enter this DroidAdmin code: 52148754
- Or to use Downloader to install OneBox HD, enter this short URL into the Download app for Firestick: http://bit.ly/oneboxforfirestick
- Finally, if the shortlink above doesn’t work, then enter the full OneBox HD URL into Downloader. The full URL is: https://archive.org/download/obhd101lite/OneBox%20HD%201.0.1%20lite%20mod.apk
The Mobdro APK is one of my all-time favorites for watching movies & TV on Firestick. Mobdro is unique because it has 24×7 streaming “channels” which play movies back-to-back.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Install Mobdro on Firestick by using this DroidAdmin code: 52148754
- Or input the following shortlink URL into the Downloader app for Firestick to install Mobdro: http://bit.ly/mobdroforfirestick
- If the link above doesn’t work, then enter the full URL for the Mobdro APK into Firestick. The full URL is: https://archive.org/download/md215adfree/mobdro%20v2.1.5%20Freemium%20%28arm%29%20%5BAd%20Free%5D.apk
5. TeaTV (WORKS for some)
UPDATE: The TeaTV app seems to be unable to connect to SOME sources. So I recommend that you use an app higher up in this list instead of Tea TV for now.
The TeaTV app (aka Tea Movie Guide) is one of the streaming community’s favorite movie apps for Firestick. It has categories of movies from which you can choose at any time. I highly recommend Tea TV as one of the best alternatives to Terrarium TV on Amazon Fire Stick. It’s one of my favorites!
- The DroidAdmin code for Tea TV is: 52148754
- Or enter the Tea TV shortlink into the Downloader app to quickly install Tea TV on Firestick: http://bit.ly/teatvfirestick
- If you have trouble with the Tea TV shortlink (above), then use this Tea TV APK full URL: https://archive.org/download/teatv_6.8r_201809/teatv_6.8r.apk
6. Bobby Movie (Update: Currently not working!)
Update: The BobbyMovie app seems to be unable to connect to sources right now. So try an app higher up in this list for now, instead of using Bobby Movie.
Next up is the Bobby Movie APK. Bobby Movie is yet another great alternative to terrarium TV that lets us watch movies to our heart’s content. Just use Droidadmin (aka Filelinked) to quickly install Bobby Movie on Firestick and start streaming instantly.
- The DroidAdmin (aka Filelinked) code for Bobby movie is: 52148754
- Or enter the Bobby Movie shortlink into Downloader on Firestick: http://bit.ly/bobbymoviefirestick
- Bobby Movie APK full URL: https://archive.org/download/bm219/Bobby%20Movie%202.1.9.apk
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
How to Use DroidAdmin (aka FileLinked) to Install Terrarium TV APKs
If you haven’t used DroidAdmin, you should check it out now. Why? You should check out DroidAdmin because DroidAdmin is the easiest way to quickly install 1 or multiple APKs on your Firestick.
To install DroidAdmin on Firestick:
- Install the free Downloader app on your Firestick. Find this in the Amazon app store that’s built-in to your Firestick
- Then launch Downloader and input the address https://get.droidadmin.com/
- When the DroidAdmin (“FileLinked”) install appears on your screen, select the “Install” button
- Then launch FileLinked (aka “Open Filelinked”)
Then, to install APKs using DroidAdmin, do these steps:
- Now enter a DroidAdmin code into DroidAdmin.
- Press the “Continue” button on your screen to have DroidAdmin fetch the list of APKs which you can download
- Then select a file to download from the list which is presented to you on-screen
- Wait for the file to download. You know the file is finished downloading when the green bar below the title of the file is completely full. Also, the “download” icon to the right of the app title will change to a “play button” icon.
- Then press the Center button on the Firestick remote to launch the downloaded file
- Now press the “Install” button at the bottom-right corner of your screen to download the app.
How to Use Third-Party App Stores to Install Terrarium TV Alternatives on Firestick
Some third party app stores (like Aptoide TV and APKTime) allow you to easily install Terrarium TV alternatives on your Amazon Firestick.
To install third-party app stores on your Firestick:
- Download and install the “Downloader” app on your Firestick
- Then launch the Downloader app and enter http://bit.ly/aptoideforfirestick (for Aptoide TV) or enter http://bit.ly/apktimeforfirestick (for APKTime). Note: Aurora was in this list, but we discovered that it’s currently not working for Firestick.
- Wait for the Downloader to download the file. Then when the installer for the file appears, select “Install”
- Then wait for the app store to install. When it’s finished installing, select “Open” to launch the app store.
Then use the third-party app store to install Terrarium TV alternatives by doing these steps:
- In the third-party app store, select a category (for example, “top APKs”)
- Then select an app to install (for example, “FreeFlix HQ”)
- Finally, select the “Install” button to install the Terrarium TV alternative on Firestick.
Finally, just use each Terrarium TV substitute to stream movies & TV shows to your Firestick.
Locations & DroidAdmin Codes for 3rd-party App Stores on Firestick
APKTime for Firestick
- DroidAdmin code for APK Time: 52148754
- Shortlink for APK Time: http://bit.ly/apktimeforfirestick
- Full URL for APKTime: https://archive.org/download/apkt16firestick/apktime-v1.6.apk
Aptoide TV for Firestick
- DroidAdmin code for Aptoide TV: 52148754
- Shortlink for Aptoide TV: http://bit.ly/aptoideforfirestick
- Full URL for Aptoide TV: https://archive.org/download/aptv430/Aptoide_TV-v4.3.0_build_437.apk
Aurora for Firestick (Currently not working)
The Aurora Firestick app seems to be currently not working – or you need a Bluetooth mouse to operate it. Use Aptoide TV (above) or APKTime (above) instead.
- Droidadmin code for Aurora (like Yalp): 52148754
- Shortlink for Aurora: http://bit.ly/auroraforfirestick
- Full URL for Aurora Firestick app store: https://archive.org/download/aurora203b/Aurora%20Store%202.0.3-b.apk
How to Use Downloader to Install Terrarium TV APKs
- Select the “search” icon from the Homescreen of the Firestick. (The search icon is a “magnifying glass” icon in the top-right corner of the screen)
- Then enter “downloader” and select the text “downloader” from just below the on-screen keyboard
- In the search results, select the “downloader” app under the “Apps & Games” heading
- Then select “Get” to download & install Downloader
- After the Downloader app is finished installing, select “Open” to launch Downloader
- Then in the Downloader app, press the Center button on the Firestick remote to open the on-screen keyboard (so you can enter an Address)
- Now enter the address of a Terrarium TV alternative app, such as http://bit.ly/teatvfirestick (for TeaTV), http://bit.ly/bobbymoviefirestick (for Bobby Movie), http://bit.ly/mobdroforfirestick (for Bobby Movie), or http://bit.ly/freeflixforfirestick (for FreeFlix HQ).
- Then wait for Downloader to finish downloading the Terrarium TV alternative APK. After that, select the “Install” button to install the Terrarium TV alternative.
- Finally, when the Terrarium TV alternative is finished installing, press “Open” to launch the app.
- Enjoy streaming movies & TV shows!
Problem Installing Terrarium TV / Alternatives?
If you have trouble installing Terrarium TV substitutes (or the Terrarium TV Patch), then try these solutions:
- Terrarium TV App not installed
- If you receive the message “app not installed”, then make sure you UNINSTALL any existing version(s) of Terrarium TV you have installed. Then install the Terrarium TV Patch.