You’ve installed Kodi on your new Firestick; now what? The best entertainment bang for your buck comes from installing a build. Builds install several ready to use add-ons at once, then go on to give Kodi a facelift as well. The best Kodi build will be one that has everything you want… and nothing you don’t. It also won’t take too much space or slow your entertainment system to a crawl. Of course, to be considered the best Kodi build, it should also be easy to use; amirite?
We realize the subjectivity inherent to this post, so if you prefer, check out our constantly updated roundup of the best Kodi builds!
- 1 Best Kodi Build? Boom Shakalaka, Baby!
Best Kodi Build? Boom Shakalaka, Baby!
Dimitrology hosts one of the greatest mega repositories known to the Kodi third party community. Now, Dimitrology put a build together to satisfy all of your entertainment needs while retaining a very slight footprint. In fact, Dimitrology put together three builds, as not everyone wants or needs the extra size added by every XXX option known to Kodi. They might even want an extra-slim build without all the graphic pizzazz bringing up the girth. We’ll concentrate on the R rated full version of the best Kodi build for 2017 in this guide, but you will see where the paths diverge. There’s really no difference in their installation.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (22.214.171.124).
Note that when installing a build, which has many add-ons, it is best to install in a clean Kodi installation. Unless you really know what you are doing, get rid of Kodi and install it fresh in order to install the Dimitrology Boom Shakalaka build.
Repo Location for Experienced Installers
If you’ve installed a few add-ons and have a hang of how Kodi handles things, then you may only need the Dimitrology repository location. Actually, you need the wizard zip file name, too. To install the Boom Shakalaka build, use the source URL http://dimitrology.com/repo, then look for the plugin.video.wizardology.zip file. Be sure to check out all of the other cool goodies found at the Dimitrology source location.
Prep Kodi for Third Party Add-ons
You must allow unknown sources to be used for third party add-on installation in Kodi 17. The XBMC Foundation and Kodi Project want to make sure everyone knows there are risks to installing unofficial add-ons.
- Enter Settings (gear icon) to the top left of the menu
- Go Into the System Settings
- Choose Add-ons, then switch Unknown Sources on
- A security risk dialog helps you fear unknown sources accessing your system.
Dimitrology Repo Source
- Head up one level and enter the File Manager
- Then, elect to Add Source
- Now, select None, allowing you to add a media source location
- Type (http://dimitrology.com/repo), then choose OK
- Give it the name Dimitrology, then hit OK
- Check for typos, then hit OK once more
Boom Shakalaka Wizard Install
- Back at the Main Menu, go into Add-ons
- Then, go into the Add-on Browser (looks like an open box) above the menu
- Choose Install from zip file
- In the pop-up, choose Dimitrology
- Then, select the plugin.video.wizardology.zip file
- When on a Firestick or Fire TV, the zip does not remain highlighted upon moving to the right to highlight OK in the menu. Kodi has a visual glitch, so ignore this. The item is still selected, even if it doesn’t look like it. Just click OK.
- The Dimitrology Wizard is installed. It will walk you through the Boom Shakalaka Kodi build install process, as will we.
The Dimitrology Wizard Installs Boom Shakalaka
- You’ll find the Dimitrology Wizard within the main Kodi Add-ons menu.
- Enter the Dimitrology Install/Update folder.
- You’ll need to visit http://www.dimitrology.com/getcode to get an installation code for the best Kodi build. Use your phone or computer or whatever you like to visit the page, then get the code. There is a new random 6 digit install code generated every hour. As a result, you may be one of the approximately 1% receiving a code that’s obsolete by the time you input it. I could have sent you there before starting this install, but then chances would be much greater for an obsolete code. Just go back to the web page and refresh for the new code if this is the case, then click OK to get into the settings to input the code once you’ve visited there.
- Then, input the code you got from the web page.
- Double check it to make sure there’s no typo.
- Select which Boom Shakalaka build you wish to install. At this time, the base version is less than 100Mb, while the full (non-XXX) comes in at just over 350Mb.
- The Wizard lets you know other options are available and checks that you’re sure you’ve chosen wisely.
- Choose to install the full build. You’re installing on a clean Kodi, so there’s nothing to be overwritten, right?
- The download commences. You probably have time to go get some coffee if you chose the full install, then you might want to also pop some popcorn. If you have a decent connection, you’d better hurry, though.
- The Wizard lets you know everything went alright and that you may now change the skin when you wish.
- On our way to the system settings to change the skin, we notice all the shiny new add-ons in the best Kodi build!
- Back in the System menu, we enter the Interface settings area.
- Choose the DimitrologyK skin
- I’m pretty sure you’re sure. Are you sure? I suppose if it breaks your spirit or you immediately projectile vomit, then you can just say no.
- If the default purple isn’t to your liking, then you may select one of blue, green, or red instead within the Theme item.
- It’s time to back out of the settings through the Home icon in the bottom right, then enjoy the best Kodi build available; Boom Shakalaka!
- Live TV
- TV Shows
- And MUCH MORE!
Back to Installing The Best Kodi Build of 2017
The Best Kodi Build Changes Skins
Within Boom Shakalaka, you will find all of the best Kodi third party add-ons available. The best Kodi build for 2017 is kept up to date, so be sure to update it through the System/Update Build menu item once in awhile. You will need a new code from http://www.dimitrology.com/getcode when you do, so be prepared. Check out some of the categories being filled by the many top Kodi add-ons installed: