This quick walkthrough shows you the easy way to set up Android VPN. Sign up for VPN service here ($5/mo). To make this as simple as possible, we use an Android app to access our VPN. The steps below show you the whole process, from start to finish:
- From your Android phone, open Google Play Store
- Once you’re in Google Play Store, search for “ipvanish”
- When the search results appear, select IPVanish VPN
- Press INSTALL and wait for the app to download & install
- After the Android VPN app installs, Select OPEN
- Enter your VPN username and password (sign up here, 60% off)
- Choose a server from the list of VPN servers on-screen to connect to the VPN server
- After the IPVanish VPN app says you’re connected to the server, proceed.
- You are now connected to the VPN. Your browsing will be anonymous, your information is encrypted, and you can access blocked movies & websites.
- At this point, your browsing will be unblocked. Geoblocked apps and sites are now available to you, as well as the prevention of bandwidth throttling. If you install Kodi, you’ll be able to watch Kodi TV & Movie streams without restrictions as well.
Android VPN No-App Setup
While it is possible to setup VPN on Android without an app by using Android OS’s built-in VPN functionality, we strongly recommend against it. This is because third-party apps like the IPVanish app are better at serving an individual purpose – in this case, enabling a VPN – than stock Android apps. If you feel the need to use the stock Android VPN setup, use the steps below to setup Android VPN:
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- In your Android phone, go to Settings (this is the GEAR icon when you drag down from the top of the screen)
- Find the VPN area of the Android Settings screen
- In the VPN settings area, add your VPN info.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Have questions about getting your VPN setup on Android? Ask on the KFire YouTube Channel.
I run this website! My purpose here is to help people stream great content to their devices. With over 10 years of IT experience, I strive to educate the people who visit this site with the best, most up-to-date information available. If an article on this site helped you, then help me back by leaving a comment on my YouTube channel. Or subscribe to our mailing list for streaming add-on updates and a 60% off VPN coupon code.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.